• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Ram not performing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GunnerMan

Well here are my latenceys from A64 tweaker TCL:3, TRC:11, Trfc:14, Trcd:3, Trrd:2, Tras:6, Trp:2, Twr:2, Twtr:2, Trtw: 3, Tref: 100Mhz 15.6us, Twcl:1. The ram right now is running 2.8 Volts, max my mainboard can supply and my main lats are 3-3-2-6, anything lower and we get crashes and all the hairy stuff. Can .1 volts make this big of a difference because jeeze I could have done just as good with some Corsair Value Select. I am planing on buyin the next stick mon or tues to make a gig. I do kinda wonder if I got the right ram lol, it says its what it is and came in box for what it is but with its copper plated heatspreader and these lats well lol :shrug: I guess I need to hope I get another copper heatspreader or it will look wierd. So please anything I can do to get these lats down. As you see I cant OC much 300 Mhz is safe max but normal running i do 200 Mhz OC, so I don't think a high clock is the problem because TCCD is supposed to run very high clocks at ridicoulously low voltages and latenceys, is it not? I figured buyin this ram I could do something like 2.5-2-2-6 so any help? Thanks

This TCCD runs to about 230-240 2-2-2-5, after that you need to drop it to 2.5-3-3-7 and it really starts to climb at that point. Most of this stuff does well over 275 mhz and this RAM has also been known to run over 300+

Well im at 220 and can hardly do 3-3-2-6? :S Maybe I have one of those other lats way to low causing some wierd things to happen I guess I will start some testing.

Try 2.5-3-3-7 @ 2.7v and see where that takes you.

This RAM does not scale well at CAS 2.

Ok thanks, I will give that a go, should I try and tweak it after that to get the lowest possible or would it be best to stick at 2.3-3-3-7? Thanks

If you are going to run high FSB speeds you probally won't be able to run the timmings much tighter, if any.

Always worth a shot though.

TCCD doesn't all run 2-2-2 timings so the stuff that gets put into the low latency stuff is kind of the cream of the crop. I've seen some TCCD do almost 250FSB with 2-2-2 timings and other stuff not able to pass 205FSB. That is the main reason nobody makes pc3500 TCCD with 2-2-2 timings (at least not that I know of)

TCCD does high speeds at low volts yes, but not at low latencies.

My TCCD can only hit 216Mhz @ 2-2-2, but at 2.5-3-3-5 270Mhz, and then at 2.5-4-3-5 285Mhz. In my experiences those are the timings you should be trying. No way in hell you are going to get 2.5-2-2 at 300Mhz with any RAM.

Eldonko said:
No way in hell you are going to get 2.5-2-2 at 300Mhz with any RAM.

Mushkin's new Redline series seems to be doing some pretty crazy stuff. I wouln't say its too hard to believe that 2-2-2-5 timings @ 300mhz are possible. In the link, this Redline stuff did 1.5-2-2-6 @ 288.3mhz. You will need some pretty high volts and good cooling of course.

Eldonko said:
No way in hell you are going to get 2.5-2-2 at 300Mhz with any RAM.

BH-5 has hit 300 2-2-2, but thats not 2.5-2-2, so I guess it doesn't count.

Im not tryin 300 Mhz, ive got it at 220 Mhz right now, the stuff is rated 2-2-2-5 at 2.9 volts and stock clocks. OCZ does not give the regular latenceys for the specified 2.75 volts, but if I am at 2.8 volts 20 Mhz more on it it seems I could do pretty close to their 2-2-2-5 mark, thats what has me wondering. I bought the ram thinking great ill be gettin some good latenceys. No sure where you pulled 300 Mhz out of? Guess maebe I was expecting to much...

Well I dont know what happened, first thing I know im settings latencesys to 2.5-3-3-7 and now its stuck on 2.5-3-2-8, I deleted AMD64 tweaker, ran RegMechanic and now CPU-Z dosent even see the ram at all besides DRAM...:S :(

Back