• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Muskin Frequency Speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XiaO8

Registered
Ok, i have the memory stated below in my sig, and when i checked with cpu-z, it shows the "frequency" at 200.3mhz, is this right or is this way too slow.

Comp specs below...

Thx in advance.

ya im at stock settings no overclock, just wondering whether 200.1mhz is right for 3500 ram.....

timings are at 2-3-3-6
dual channel 512X2

your RAM dons't run at pc3500 speeds when your cpu is at stock. when you buy pc3500, the ram is just garantteed to run pc3500 speeds. you will always start out at pc3200 speeds when you're un-OCed. so what you're paying for is the ability to put your FSB on your ram up to whatever FSB speed pc3500 is.

PC3500 is not a JEDEC standard, so you may see the reported freq at stock settings.
What does the SPD tab on CPUz say? Look at the image for the info I'm looking for. (Red mark)

Attachments

• test.JPG
    test.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 57
Spion said:
your RAM dons't run at pc3500 speeds when your cpu is at stock. when you buy pc3500, the ram is just garantteed to run pc3500 speeds. you will always start out at pc3200 speeds when you're un-OCed. so what you're paying for is the ability to put your FSB on your ram up to whatever FSB speed pc3500 is.

cool, thx for the info :0)

Back