• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What geil to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whizkidd

Registered
Im getting 2x512 geil pc 3200 value ram. But theres two version of geil pc 3200. Dual channel kit with timings 3-4-4-8 or two Singe 2.5-3-3-6. What ram should i get? I'm going to run dual channel in athlon xp nf2 mobo.

giel sucks if you ask me. If you're going to be running dual channel, your best bet would probably be to get the dual channel kit.

I say they suck, because I was going to buy some of their ram that is supposed to have TCCD chips, but then they started making the same model with BH5 chips.. so if you buy it thinking you're getting tccd for low voltage oc's, and you get bh5..you can't go anywhere.

I don't know how often they do that, but I do know that you have to have two identical sticks to run in dualchannel, and why risk it buying the two singles if you can't be 100% sure (giel sucks). Some simple research might prove they'd be the same, but I dunno, after finding out the above, I said screw giel

Back