• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse repair - 5/3/05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Nice solution... I had a similar problem, where I had to click more deliberately in order for the left click to register. My solution wasn't so elegant, as I was shy of popping the top off of the micro switch - I thought I would probably break it.

Instead, I painted the contact point on the mouse button with some white out I had nearby. The contact point on the mouse button is the part that descends and makes contact with the plastic insert in the microswitch. With just a few layers of "paint", it decreased the amount of travel necessary to click and resolved my issue. Ghetto, but effective.

I like this article though, simple, yet interesting.

You can find it here:

http://overclockers.com/tips1200

Last edited:
Indeed, I thought it was nicely done. High quality with a delicate touch. not bad. :) -- Paul

Refer to my other frontpage postings in here, most had links. I'm really not too concerned if you forum flies are too lazy to type in overclockers and just want something to click on - its not like the articles are hard to find when theres a date associated with the thread. Anyways, theres already a link in the OP as I just overlooked it when the thread was started.

hmm

i never woulda thought of that. Yeah, i've made some frankenmice in my day, but still... i never woulda thought the 'clicker' could be fixed.

great article.

Play nice! -- macklin01
I would most likely love the article, but www.overclockers.com seems to be down for the time being. So i'll check it out later.
[edit]Better now.... Loves It![/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you guys liked the article. I'd appreciate tales of success or failure using my method.

Doug

Back