• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which of these 1GB DIMMS is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_recon88

Senior Jedi Master
Timings matter considerably, tighter timings and higher frequency is a trade off... DIMM's running 250MHZ at tight timings compare well to DIMM's running 300MHZ+ at not as tight timings. What matters is matching the DIMMS to what your CPU can do if you are overclocking.

okay, so if I'm not oc, the Patriot stuff would be the best since it has the tighest timings?

Both OCZ and Patriot have the same timings. I would go with OCZ RAM because, imo, it's better RAM. If you decide to oc at some point, it wouldn't be the bottleneck.

I would go OCZ also... for a few reasons A) Great rma support/tech help B) Probably overall best memory company out. c) Lifetime warranty (like most other companies)

AFAIk,the Ballistix PC4000 1 GB stuff can run at 2-2-2-6 @ 200 mhz. This is only from a few posts I read from others, plus 1 review which had it at 2-2-2-6 @200 on an Athlon 64, but would not POST at Cas 2 (at all) on an IC7 max3 (it worked fine at cas 2.5 up to 250 fsb). You may want to include that in your possible options also. If you have to run the ballistix at 2.5-2-2-6, you will still be doing a little better than OCZ/Patriot, which will not boot @ 200 fsb with a RCD of 2. but also there is cost.....

Back