• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.SKILL 1GB - Model F1-3200PHU2-1GBZX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mckennaiii

has anyone tried these?
what ic's are use on this model and is the brainpower pcb 808 used on this model.

G.SKILL 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model F1-3200PHU2-1GBZX - Retail
Cas Latency: 2
Heat Spreader: No
Manufacturer Warranty: Lifetime
Timing: 2-3-3-6
Voltage: 2.65V

Model #: F1-3200PHU2-1GBZX

I had to rma one of those last week, installed them and ran memtest86 and it came up with thousands of errors, what's strange though is that newegg told me they didn't have anymore of them and refunded my money, but I just checked and they do have it. Anyway I found out that this ram doesn't work well with AMD mem controllers that goes for Athlon XP and 64, I found a couple of people having the same problem, and I not sure anymore if the ram was my problem because I found out that my mobo got screwed up while testing, don't know if the ram caused it or if I did though. From my experiences I wouldn't recommend it if you own a AMD cpu.

I had a set for a while. I had it in a DFI NF4 Ultra D. It did 250 MHz @ 2.6 volts w/ 2.5-4-3-7 timings. Nice set for the money and for low volts. Possibly could have gone a bit higher, but I didn't have it that long. Opted to get rid of it for some Mushkin Blue BH-5 dual pack action. I am not sure which IC's are on it although it is on BP 808. I recommend it.

josanai - were you runnin 1t or 2t at 250 on your DFI?

last I heard it was tcc5

dunno if its true but seems to be inline with results??

outstanding!!, thanx for the reply, I should have my venice next monday and will run this set in an epox 9nda3j (2.8 vdimm max with no MODs). I heard it doesnt like or need anything above 2.7-ish

I hope to have as good of results as you did....

Avg said:
I had to rma one of those last week, installed them and ran memtest86 and it came up with thousands of errors, what's strange though is that newegg told me they didn't have anymore of them and refunded my money, but I just checked and they do have it. Anyway I found out that this ram doesn't work well with AMD mem controllers that goes for Athlon XP and 64, I found a couple of people having the same problem, and I not sure anymore if the ram was my problem because I found out that my mobo got screwed up while testing, don't know if the ram caused it or if I did though. From my experiences I wouldn't recommend it if you own a AMD cpu.
I wonder if I got your RMA sticks... Honestly, the package I received did NOT seem new at all and one stick was sitting between the plastic almost hitting the other DIMM.

I can't get these sticks running for anything and now I will also RMA.

GL rmaing with g.skill, its a true *****. As for the ram, i can run prime stability 245 @ 2.6 w/2.5-4-4-8 settings, or i am currently running 267 @ 2.5-3-3-7 w memmax at 166. I have bad stepping on my amd, so its hard to see what they really can do.

huey said:
GL rmaing with g.skill, its a true *****. As for the ram, i can run prime stability 245 @ 2.6 w/2.5-4-4-8 settings, or i am currently running 267 @ 2.5-3-3-7 w memmax at 166. I have bad stepping on my amd, so its hard to see what they really can do.

Nah, I RMA'd back to Newegg. I wouldn't want to send it back to G.Skill, as their homepage and forums seem like its run by some flaky people.

I just hope the next set works in my PC or I am going to go nuts. :) My 3000+ CBBID (ugh) is running perfectly with some Kingston Value I borrowed, so I am sure it was the RAM now.

Back