• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIGG Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GunnerMan

Ok well I have this OCZ, and have been tweaking it with A64 tweaker, and I get las i decide to stick with 2.5-3-3-7, and things seemed stable was playin UT200 alll night then i get a reboot. Ok I will go to A64 tweaker and raise lats and run memtest etc, but well it boots to windows gets to loading all of the startup programs and it freezez, like dead nothing. So I restart go in bios set ram to PC-2100 so it will run at these lats so I can get in windows and fix. Well it still didint work so I went to safe mode, it worked I set lats to a very high like 3-4-4-9 or something. Boot to windows it works but A64 tweaker didnt save im still at 2-2-2-5 and PC-2100, so i try to do A 64 tweaker in PC-2100 because at PC-3200 it wont even boot, but when I try set lats at other than ddr400 it frreezez. So I am stuck here in PC-2100 at 2-2-2-5 lats. I just want it to work, right now I am fearing for my comp because i tried old ram higher lats in bios same result. Please help me get rid og AMD64 reg settings etc so my BIOS lats are what it uses! :bang head :eh?:

To make matters worse my video is now artifacting. MSN mess thing looks crap and am getting wierd lines on screen that dont g away really, please shed some light i need it :(

Ok I just did Discard Startup setting in A64 tweaker and restarted fine. Las are what are set to in BIOS and as seeing this comp really sucksss with this ram it seems I think ill set it and forget it at around 3-3-3-8 bcaus I got another 512 stick commin in and cant afford to be replacing fryed sht cus of my ram.... so hopefully things are fine I am going o run memtest here soon and see how it goes.

The problem still reamins CL 2.5-4-4-7 at 2.8 V, 20 Mhz oc and rebootat DDR400, I am begining to thing my motherboard got jacked because of the freezes and restarts because this is redicullous...

see in the asus mobo forum (this one, just asus section) if there are bugs with that board. maybe reflash the bios to one from asus' site, and try to run that baby @stock.

Ok I will try stock, it seems to work fine on DDR200 stock clocks at crazi lats. It used to run 2.2Ghz 3-3-2-8 but I thought I could do better thats where the probs started, just reset from instability, I almost think my HDD got corrupted? because it used to boot to windows start loading programs and freeze. Then I think its something on mobo because I get a restart randomly even in windows. I did try my old ram seemed like same result. Looks like I may be looking at a new mobo? I have another 512 stick of this troublesome ram heading in so gonna try it out too... *sigh* GunnerMan

I did try another stick of ram, same result, I had no luck getting it going last night so I just got home ran MemTest at 3-3-3-8 Test #5 for about 35 Passed tests, 20 of those with an OC. I am running prime now to check the cpu, its on Test 2 now.... I have only 1 hdd pluged in, so if prime passes I am sure something went on the mobo unless something in windows is causing it. So we will see if the mobo dies 100 bones is not what I want to speend on mobo but hey it would prolly get me a mobo 100 times better then this here.

Well I ran prime most of tonight no errors, played Vietcong and UT2004 no problems so far so good so who knows kinda wierd one uhh day it dosent work the next it does im going to leave it on these timings untill after I get my gig(from ATA so week and 1/2) then I will try and play a tad more.

Back