• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tccd or vx the big question!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfi

Disabled
Here i found an excellent read for thoses (including myself) who can not decide on which ram to get either the TCCD or the VX !!!!!!!!!!!!!

this cleared the clouds for me i'll go VX!!!!! :clap: :attn: :attn: :attn:

Tough choice. I went for TCCD because of the low voltage since i have a Neo2.
The TCCD aren't really much more expensive since i'd have to buy a booster as well. I also would feel a bit uneasy to pump through 3.6v 24/7.
Performancewise TCCD's at 290ish and VX at 250 2-2-2 should be about on the same level i think.
If you have a DFI i'd go for the VX definatly though.
@Mailorder: You definatly have some sweet sticks there but before you show us tons of people with same results i'd say you are just lucky.

yeah, i'm lucky that yesterday i had a sudden urge to do some pointless (i thought) ram overclocking.

just encouraging people to take their heattrappers off and try again.

i'm just really excited! but yeah, it's too bad i don't have a gig of it, only 512.

back on track,

i'm a big fan of tight timings. when i bought that corsair, i was going to buy a kt400, and some ddr400, but there just wasn't any cl2.0 ddr 400 for under $$$238645423865.

also, i dont' think i'm lucky with the results, bh-6 chips mostly clock about the same as mine.

MailOrderSausag said:
yeah, i'm lucky that yesterday i had a sudden urge to do some pointless (i thought) ram overclocking.

just encouraging people to take their heattrappers off and try again.

i'm just really excited! but yeah, it's too bad i don't have a gig of it, only 512.

back on track,

i'm a big fan of tight timings. when i bought that corsair, i was going to buy a kt400, and some ddr400, but there just wasn't any cl2.0 ddr 400 for under $$$238645423865.

also, i dont' think i'm lucky with the results, bh-6 chips mostly clock about the same as mine.

Ahh that explains. 512 OC much better usually.

TCCD- Higher 1:1 clocks (290 and above) with less voltage (2.7-2.8) with loose timings (7-3-3-2.5)
UTT- 250ish 1:1 clocks with lots of voltage (3.5-4.0) with tight timings (5-2-2-2 1T).

Also TCCD is cheaper than UTT so you got to decide which one you want...:D

Hope that clarify's things. For choosing each chip I would go with these:
TCCD- G.Skill PC4400's, OCZ EL Plat. Rev. 2
UTT- OCZ VX or Mushkin Redlines (not out yet but looks promising)

Back