• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PQi DDR550 and TCCD chips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't think it's tccd as the pc4000 is tccd and sells for $218. Why would they make pc4400 tccd that sells for so much less?

I think these guys are right and most likely will be Hynix D5.

For an Intel rig that is not all bad, but I think the A64 would prefer TCCD.

What platform will you be using it on?

From what I gather, this price may have been a mistake on NewEggs part. Also, the 3-4-4-8 timmings are listed for DDR 550. For their ratings and testing they may have loosened the timming at that speed. Also, I have seen a few other posts on this ram on smaller forums indicating that it is TCCD but I wanted to run it by this board. I guess it is wait and see.

By the way, the ram would be for an AMD slow build with an MSI K8n Neo2 Plat. but I have an Intel rig I could put it in.

- J

well my current RAM i bought had the same timings but was rated for ddr500 speeds(also from PQI). when the shipped out the ram, certin kits had TCCD and certin kits had D5. i got lucky and got TCCD.

PQI makes a pc4000 ram with D5, which at times turns out to be tccd. It sells for $169. The pc4400 which you got sells for $123 for one 512 stick. It sounds like it could be a pricing mistake. If it turns out to be tccd you've hiot the jackpot. Either way it's a very good deal. Good luck with it.

"Out of stock" now so no one else is going to get lucky. Really, either way (TCCD or D5) for $165 its hard to see how you could go wrong with that purchase.

Back