• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me identify this RAM!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
Ok, so iv got a 3700+ san diego and guess what? my gskill is currently on rma to the netherlands :( so its no overclocking for me yet....or is it? Today I bought for cheap a 512mb module of some cr@ppy ddr400 stuff to tide me over til it comes back....but iv no idea what this stuff is or if it has any OC capability at all :shrug: if its got none then for £20 i dont care, but id like to know what it is!

Its PNY branded, has no codes on it other than on the ram chips themselves, which read -

BRAVO 040BM
ADP328TM-50

So can anyone tell what these sticks may be capable of? their spd defaults them to 3-4-4-8 at 200fsb, 2.5-3-3-7 at 166fsb and 2-3-3-6 at 133, but i upped them to 2.5-3-3-7 at 200fsb and theyre quite happy :)

All I could find is that Bravo is the actual chip manufacturer. Everything I am finding with that code shows it as single sided ddr400 256mb. But hey, Its certified by Biostar. :thup:

Biostar :D Now I know my moneys well spent ;) j/k
Tis certainly not a single sided 256mb dimm, tis very double sided and its definately 512mb lol

If it's PNY branded you can figure that you shouldn't overclock it too much, I am not sure about the specific maxes but I would not go too far over what you already have, unless you are using memory cooling.

hibner said:
Ah crap, just oc it till it pops.

Now thats my kinda suggestion :D I was just trying to discover if it was gonna respond well to certain volts/timins...but heck il just give it hell and see what it does :p

It is JUST to hold you until you get your RAM back right? Then its like rental cars, Do whatever you want with them as long as you have insurance. My dad had his car in the shop and the rental car he had came back with a broken transmission.

-1cem4n

Back