• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help with outlook. could e-mails be in outbox but invis?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nahmus

Hi all,
recently I've been getting e-mails from {insert name}@beer.com. There is nothing in the message part. then the next time I send e-mail there seems to be an extra e-mail. Could there be some kind of invisable return receit? some wierd program that returns a notifier to the spammer that its a legit address?

I know I don't have to open then and if it was my main machine I would not but in my off time I like to report spammers and domains that host their download adds. They bother me I bother them....

I'm just wondering if they have a new trick. Nothing wierd in my outbox and nothing to that address. Just curious. Nobody would go through all the trouble to spam multiple times for nothing.

Worse comes to worse I can set up my packet analysis stuff and see whats really going on.

any ideas?

running office2000 pro in winxp with all XP and office patches.

Kendan said:
They could contain virus files that were stripped out by outlook.

I don't think so. I do not get a warning from outlook that anything was stripped (there is also no attachment icon) and i do not get a virus warning. One thing i just saw was that I opened another one and hit send and receive and nothing went out. I sent a test e-mail. 1 e-mail in outbox. did send and receive and nortons scanned 2 E-MAILS! Only my created e-mail was in sent items.

I have another one that I did not open. Gonna see if ican save it somehow and pick it apart.

any ideas?

Back