• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Outlook 2000-2003 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaaaaaaaaa

I work as the tech guy for a "boys and girls club" in my town and I have a problem.
My boss was using Outlook 2000 until one day his calender in outlook decided to stop posting events. The problem is when he would add appointments they wouldnt show up on the calender at all. I upgraded him to Office 02 (XP) and 03 but it had the same effect. I also tried uninstall just outlook and the whole office suite then deleting the stuff office left behind. None of that solved the problem.

However, I created a new user account on his computer and setup an email account in Outlook on the new windows account and the appointments worked fine! I cant find a setting or mention of this junk anywhere.
Do I have to import all of his favorites/files to the new windows account, or is there a solution to this.

Here is an example of what is happening.

Example:
This is what it looks like when you dont have an appointment entered, AND this is what it looks like now aka not showing appointments.
example1.jpg

This is what it SHOULD look like when there is an appointment entered.
example2.jpg

14 views 0 comments =p
hehe, thanks anyway for your time reading; one of you has to have the answer
:)

Open Outlook, then the Calendar folder | Choose Tools-->Advanced Find from the menu bar | From the Look for drop down list, choose Appointments and Meetings | Click on the Find now button | Do any or all calendar entries/appointments display? Do you have any custom views or filters in-place, and which version of Outlook is installed at the moment?

Microsoft Outlook 2003 (from the 03 Pro Suite) is installed right now.
No filters were active, I will check today or tomorrow with your tip.
Thanks for your time redduc
*edit. I tried that on my Outlook at home and appointments show up in the search but they show up on my calender as well. I will try it on his computer today or tmw. But what if they show up in the search on his computer? =D

Last edited:
I was able to recover his calendar by reinstalling outlook.

Just thought I'd post the solution a few years later....

Back