• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5000 entries in my startup!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

completeclicks

Registered
I had a guy ask me to look at his computer, he was complaining of it running slow and etc. We all know "spyware, adware, etc"... Well, I started looking at his computer, and one of the first things I do it run MSConfig to see apps and services are running when he starts up. Usually this is a good way to make the startup process faster until I can really clean up the PC.

He had quite a bit of stuff in the Services tab of MSConfig, I did like I usually do and disabled everything I didn't recognize. Then I went to the Startup tab... Man oh man... This thing must have, and I am not exagerating, 5000 entries of the same thing. "rovvxqp" I have no clue what it is, or why there would be so many of the same entry, in the same location "C:\PROGRA~1\wqtxtsov\rovvxqp.exe"

If anyone knows what it is, and a for sure way of getting rid of it, let me know. It probably just needs to be formated, but I'm not sure how much information that he has on the PC that he cannot get back.

hmmm . . thats very odd indeed. I couldn't find anything under any of the major search engines(google, msn, yahoo, etc.). More than likely spyware or virii seeing as it has 5000 duplicates of itself. I second what the first poster mentioned. A virus or adware scan will probably find something about it.

Back