• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JAVA noob getting bigtime JAVA problems!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
I am totaly fed up with all this crud! I cannot axcess the other smilies, I just click on the [More] and nothing happens, I click on many other web links and nothing happens. I cannot see some "Category" lists on hardware sites. I clicked on a Dell link to finance a 2405fpw and nothing happend (proly a good thing heh!) I think I am having some JAVA issues...I dont' know for sure. Am hoping you guys can help me get this p[roblem figured out. I looked under my I.E.6 browser Tools>Internet Options>Security and checked to see if JAVA was enabled and it is all the way thru except for 'Restricted sites" which is normal. I also keep getting this irritating little thing..........................
errors.jpg
at the bottom of the browser screen.

Usually when I get screwy problems like this its due to a Micro-shaft auto update.

Anybody know a solution??

It may very well be a JAVA related problem you're experiencing, but this comes to mind, so I just thought I'd mention it...the forum smilies are animated .GIF's. If you're running ZoneAlarm, check under the Privacy tab | Ad Blocking-->"Custom" button | Check to make sure "Animation" is unchecked.

redduc900 said:
It may very well be a JAVA related problem you're experiencing, but this comes to mind, so I just thought I'd mention it...the forum smilies are animated .GIF's. If you're running ZoneAlarm, check under the Privacy tab | Ad Blocking-->"Custom" button | Check to make sure "Animation" is unchecked.

Hmmm, I am using Mcaffe A.V. as well as the NV4 onboard firewall.

Another thing that comes to mind, if your problem is indeed related to animated GIF's...open IE | Tools | Internet Options | "Advanced" tab | Multimedia-->Play animations in web pages...check to make sure it's enabled. Also, check to make sure files with the *.gif extension are associated to IE...if you click on a *.gif in Windows Explorer, IE should open to display it.

Back