• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How well made is this....?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

honhon

hey all, i am looking to build a gaming sepcific computer here soon.... I am looking at memory, and the brand im looking at is GeiL, specifically : CLICK HERE i looked at the speeds, and they seem all right, but i wanted to check with you memory guys first before i decided on this PLUS also i am going to be looking at an AMD 3000+ 2.0ghz barton and overclock it to either 2.2ghz or 2.4ghz (max) so just to put into perspective on what i am looking for..... thanks in advance!

If your using it for just gaming i would not get that ram. There's no need for more then 1gig really when gaming. You can pick up a set of UTT or TCCD for around that price with MUCH better timings.

I would also stick with 1GB ram with tigther timings. Depending on your mobo look for OCZ Plat rev2 or wait for the new mushkin red lines.

i was thinking of the ABIT NF-7 V2. i have had 2 abit mobo's before and they worked flawlessly, and i love the uGURU software, and im very confortable with it.

Back