• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

attn PC3200 Crucial Ballistix users

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GML3G0

Does anyone here have PC3200 Crucial Ballistix? I need help with the advanced timing, not the basic 2-2-2-5 ones. Can someone please share those timings, maybe a snapshot of A64 tweaker with the memory running at 240MHz? Thanks.

GML3G0 said:
Does anyone here have PC3200 Crucial Ballistix? I need help with the advanced timing, not the basic 2-2-2-5 ones. Can someone please share those timings, maybe a snapshot of A64 tweaker with the memory running at 240MHz? Thanks.

I can't post screenies here, but I found the settings I use for TwinMOS SPs work pretty good, from top to bottom:

2.5-2-5-2-9-14-2-2-1-2-3120-1, AUTO-0-LEVEL8-LEVEL3-AUTO-AUTO-256-DISABLE-16x-7x-DISABLE.

If you use 3.1 VDIMM you may get to 250-251, 2.5-2-2-5. Now I'm talking the DFI NF4 board only.

Dang, spending so much time on the damn NF4 boards I got these stuff memorized. When I first saw the DFI NF3 board BIOS, I never thought I seen the day . . .

ummm, not to offend you or anything, but, we're talking about two different sets of RAM. This is not BH-5, I can't feed it 3.1 volts, besides, I have an Abit AV8, the max it can give is 2.85v.

Specifically, I need the Trc, Trfc, RAS to RAS delay (Trrd) Write Recovery (Twr), Write to Read Delay Time (Twtr) and Read to Write Delay Time (Trtw) at 240MHz 2.85v.

GML3G0 said:
ummm, not to offend you or anything, but, we're talking about two different sets of RAM. This is not BH-5, I can't feed it 3.1 volts, besides, I have an Abit AV8, the max it can give is 2.85v.

Specifically, I need the Trc, Trfc, RAS to RAS delay (Trrd) Write Recovery (Twr), Write to Read Delay Time (Twtr) and Read to Write Delay Time (Trtw) at 240MHz 2.85v.

He was talking about Ballistix. He just used the same setting that he uses on his Twinmoss utt.

Yes, I found the TwinMOS settings worked the best on the Ballistix. If you follow the settings from the top down, just match what I posted. I may have missed a setting, not sure.

I don't like feeding Ballistix 3.1 volts any more than you do, but that's what it needed to get 250-251 Memtest clean. I forgot to mention I did not test my best sticks: I've tried my PC3200 and PC4000 and these usually max out arond 243-244, 2.5-2-2-5. So I had to push them with volts.

My better sticks that do 248-250 obviously don't have to be pushed much to get 251. 2.8-2.9 volts should do it.

The settings I gave you work on the DFI NF4 but all bets might be off on your board. The DFI goes to 4.0 VDIMM.

Hardly anybody runs Ballistix, much less on the NF4 boards so as I said, this is uncharted territory.

could you just verify this, as or boards might have them in a different order:

RAS to RAS is 2
write recovery is 2
write to read is 1
and read to write is 2?
also, read write que bypass is 16x, and row cycle is 9. Right? Thanks.

GML3G0 said:
could you just verify this, as or boards might have them in a different order:

RAS to RAS is 2
write recovery is 2
write to read is 1
and read to write is 2?
also, read write que bypass is 16x, and row cycle is 9. Right? Thanks.

I'm at work now, and sorry, the 440LX board in my computer (350 mhz PentiumII) don't have those BIOS settings :D :D :D.

I think you are basically right. Most of the BH-5/VX/UTT stuff have the 2-2-1-2 carved in stone, unlike with TCCD, where you can gain a lot of unbuffered by tightening up. Since Ballistix at 2.5-2-2-5 is similarly fast, same settings work.

Back