• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD shrink and dvd fab question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

I am "backing up" Rolling Stones 40 Licks DVD box set, however the Stadium show is to large to just use dvd shrink to reduce in size and then burn.

I can split the DVD into 2 parts by using dvd decrypter then dvd fab to split the dvd into 2 parts as I want to retain the entire dvd I do not want to remove any streams.

Does anyone know of a method of doing any better than what I plan to. My other thought was to burn a dual layer dvd but will I be able to play this in any dvd player. That I have no clue about and have not looked into it.

Feedback from you ripping freaks please

ck

well if shrink can't compress it to 4.35gb then you need to go dual layer or two discs. Dual Layer should work on most new players but if you dvd player is old ie 2years then you might have issues. Did you try reauthor to get rid of menus and extras?

el said:
well if shrink can't compress it to 4.35gb then you need to go dual layer or two discs. Dual Layer should work on most new players but if you dvd player is old ie 2years then you might have issues. Did you try reauthor to get rid of menus and extras?

thanks for feedback, yeah I have a Hitachi DV725 it is 2 yrs old I am guessing it will have issues with dual layer. Yeah I tried to get rid of extra menus but still too large

Back