• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PDP Memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
(If this is the wrong place for this let me know and I'll remove it.)
I had purchased a 1Gig dual channel kit of PC3200 CL2-3-2-5 Patriot memory from newegg on 04/14/2005 and 1 stick has failed. Wont count up at POST. Do I have to contact newegg, or go to Patriot. Please excuse my ignorance, I don't have much experience with on line venders.
Thanks,
Killa
P.S. If I can get newegg to take these back do you think I should throw in the extra cash for a set of these? or won't it make any dif on the setup in my sig?

Last edited:
You purchased the kit on 4/14/05, so if you hurry you should be able to get NewEgg to replace them, since they warrenty the items they sell for 30 days. After that you can go through PDP, but it may end up being more of a hassle, so call the Egg on Monday. :cool:

I think they only warranty RAM and CPU's for 15 days. Check their site to be sure, but I think you may be RMAing those to Patriot.

I just got my replaced sticks of PDP back fron newegg. :p I hope these hold up. The other sticks failed when I ran Prime 95 in stress test mode. I think it may have cooked em. :mad: Is it possible to cook the RAM when trying to burn it in? :eh?:
The new sticks have a red PCB under the heat spreaders. The old ones had green.
I would like to add a fan over the RAM to help keep it cool... Any suggestions?
Thanks for all the help with the reps. It's nice to know there is more than one way to get help when you need it.
Killa

I used zipties to mount an 80mm fan over my ram. It has made a huge difference in pwm temps (Intel Prescott) and keeps the tccd ram cool to the touch.

What voltages were you running it on? Anything > 2.8V needs a fan for best performance. The modules heat up real quick if you don't cool them actively. Just as an update, I got mine to 320MHz (2.5-4-4-10-1T) today on my brand new out of the box Venice :D. This is just a preliminary test (3 passes of test #5 and #8 on memtest). My CPU was at stock volts:)

Edit*
That was a one off thing with memtest. Didn't work again. More testing needs to be done.

What a massive improvement over my Newcastle!

Last edited:
Super Nade said:
What voltages were you running it on?
I had them set at 2.6V when I fried the first set on Prime 95 tourture mode. I had the same settings when I ran memtest and failed on test 5 (I won't run Prime 95 again. This is my only rig and 2 weeks without it drove me nuts :cry: ) I e-mailed PDP and they said to run em at 2.7V so thats where I am now. I can run all the tests on super pi (16K thru 32M) no problem.
Killa

Last edited:
you have red brainpower PCB. the only colored Brainpower pcb's are Brainpower 815's for future reference. the green pcb ones mighta been brainpower 808, whic i think i read oc's better, but it could go either way.

Back