• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Redline vs. OCZ VX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC/ingmaddog

Both use UTT, Mushkin's are rated at PC3500, OCZ's at PC3200. Both use high voltages to get high fsb's with tight timings. Haven't seen many results in the Mushin's. Any suggestions?

if you have Amd 64 system, i would perfer you to get a TCCD ram better than VX memory.

i heard that tccd can overclock more than VX.

fldrice said:
Based on initial results the 4000 redlines appear to be better than the 4000VX.

From Duonger? I haven't seen anyone else post results yet. Prolly becuase they're waiting for the resellers to have em in stock.

rickyman said:
if you have Amd 64 system, i would perfer you to get a TCCD ram better than VX memory.

i heard that tccd can overclock more than VX.

That's true but with looser timings... eg. 7-3-3-2.5 vs. 5-2-2-2

Um... Charlie from xtremesystems is a beta tester for Mushkin he took his 4000 pair for a 290 suicide run and they run 280 stable.

fldrice said:
Um... Charlie from xtremesystems is a beta tester for Mushkin he took his 4000 pair for a 290 suicide run and they run 280 stable.

That's pretty tight. Are these cherry picked at all? THat would be cool if all of em could do that.

OC/ingmaddog said:
That's pretty tight. Are these cherry picked at all? THat would be cool if all of em could do that.

No.. we do not cherry pick anything. These would be the same exact part if you were to buy it from us or any of our resellers. Nothing special about them. You will see reviews soon from sites like ...

Domestic Review sites

Extremesources.com

Xtremesystems.org

Bit-tech.net

Extreme overclocking

Anandtech

Insanetek

PCStats

Legit Reviews.com

TheTechLounge.com

The Tech Report

Extreme Resources.com

International Review Sites

OCTools.com- Australia

Adrians RoJak Pot.com- Malaysia

Viperlair-Great Britain

Red & Blackness Mods- Sweden

Bytesector-Canada

3D gameman.com-Canada

Duonger

Thre Redlines sound like the winner. I would love to get my hands on some but I absolutely love my OCZ Plat Rev. 2 so until there is a reason to upgrade I'll keep mine.

-1cem4n

Duonger said:
No.. we do not cherry pick anything. These would be the same exact part if you were to buy it from us or any of our resellers. Nothing special about them. You will see reviews soon from sites like ...

Domestic Review sites

Extremesources.com

Xtremesystems.org

Bit-tech.net

Extreme overclocking

Anandtech

Insanetek

PCStats

Legit Reviews.com

TheTechLounge.com

The Tech Report

Extreme Resources.com

International Review Sites

OCTools.com- Australia

Adrians RoJak Pot.com- Malaysia

Viperlair-Great Britain

Red & Blackness Mods- Sweden

Bytesector-Canada

3D gameman.com-Canada

Duonger

So what you're saying is, I could achieve the same results in a similar enironment? When will those review be available? Thank you.

OC/ingmaddog said:
From Duonger? I haven't seen anyone else post results yet. Prolly becuase they're waiting for the resellers to have em in stock.
Charlie did, so has Trans AM and Jnav86

I'm wondering what the prices will be like compared to the OCZ ram? I imagine the clocks will be about the same with equal voltage.

fldrice said:

I think that he is a reviewer for a site and is not affiliated with Mushkin (i.e., not a beta tester).

OC/ingmaddog said:
So what you're saying is, I could achieve the same results in a similar enironment? When will those review be available? Thank you.

You could achieve similar results, but as in all overclocking, nothing is guaranteed.

CJ

CJ4, 2x512MB Mushkin Blue PC3200 Original BH-5... Umm, didn't know there are Blue Line stuff with original BH-5 chips on them?

HousERaT said:
I'm wondering what the prices will be like compared to the OCZ ram? I imagine the clocks will be about the same with equal voltage.

Prices are on Mushkin's website and the RAM is available there too:

512MB XP3500 2-2-2 REDLINE $ 115.00
1GB XP3500 2-2-2 Dual Pack (2x512MB) REDLINE $ 219.00
512MB XP4000 2-2-2 REDLINE $ 125.00
1GB XP4000 2-2-2 Dual Pack (2x512MB) REDLINE $ 239.00

I am going to wait a few weeks so I can see a bunch of results. I don't think it’s a good idea to base expectations on 2 people's OCs.

So it seems Redlines are doing quite well. I don't know if i missed this but when do they come out to resellers of Mushkin eg. (Newegg)?

@CJ Congrats on getting some Blue sticks that have some left over BH-5 on em:D.

Back