PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs

wandl
05-09-05, 09:56 AM
For anyone here who watches basketball...

Predictions, anyone?
I'd like to think Spurs over Pistons in the finals...Spurs are fundamentally sound, Pistons are solid off the bench....

My 2 cents....

bobmanfoo
05-09-05, 09:59 AM
Miami and San Antonio in the finals..... too bad my Rockets got crushed in game 7, but they wouldn't have made it far with the way they were playing anyway

theMonster
05-09-05, 10:12 AM
I hate the NBA, but for what it's worth Heat over the Spurs in 6 or 7. Shaq gets another ring, the rapist looks stupider than ever.

dicecca112
05-09-05, 11:17 AM
all I gotta say if the celts could have got there act together they would have been good, but they chocked in game 7 and the cheapest team in the league that has the two cheapest players in the league Reggie Miller and Jermaine O'Neil move on for cheating, all I gotta say is who payed off those refs. Pierce gets punched and he gets the foul. Riaf Lefrence almost gets his arm taken off by Gary Miller, when he pulls him out of the way (can you say foul, apparently the refs can't) and nothing is called, O'neil takes a swing at Walker, and Antoine gets two technicals, when both players should have been tossed.

hibner
05-09-05, 11:39 AM
I want to say the Spurs. But I have only got to watch 2 or 3 games this year. new job = no time.

theMonster
05-09-05, 11:57 AM
Who's Gary Miller? Surely you mean Reggie Miller who has been in the league 20 years and by is no means a cheap-shot artist. C'mon if you don't even know who Reggie Miller is.........

Ardneh42
05-09-05, 12:19 PM
As long as everyone stays healthy, spurs are going all the way to the top; I have no prediction who they will play from the eastern conference because I havent been keeping up with them.

Feydd
05-09-05, 12:24 PM
The team with the tallest people *COUGHSHAQCOUGH* will win, again.

theMonster
05-09-05, 12:36 PM
The team with the tallest people *COUGHSHAQCOUGH* will win, again.

If that were true then *COUGHYAOMINGCOUGH* would still be around ;)

Ardneh42
05-09-05, 12:46 PM
Tall does not equal good, and you have to have a really good team to back up a star player, otherwise they go nowhere. example: LA this year

Also, where was the tallest team last year? second place.

RJARRRPCGP
05-09-05, 12:48 PM
I hope the Celtics!!!! Despite losing to the Pacers on a game after they managed to beat the Pacers.

theMonster
05-09-05, 12:52 PM
I hope the Celtics!!!! Despite losing to the Pacers on a game after they managed to beat the Pacers.

Uhhhhh, Boston was eliminated dude. :shrug:

drenader
05-09-05, 05:42 PM
Well being from San Antonio Ill stick with the home team, SPURS. Miami with Wade is amazing though.

dre

Super Nade
05-09-05, 05:58 PM
Woah woah woah!

Folks chill out with the spurs thing :D

Pacers = my NBA Champs :D

Don't underestimate the Pacers. Look how they have overcome adversity. On the brink of being eliminated, they bounced back and made it so far. Jermain O'Neal, Artest and Jackson were out for almost half the season and we are still battling it out. Frankly, people want them to beat Detroit, that would be the NBA Final.

The Pacers pwned Miami. I think they still have it in them to beat Detroit and Miami. Off the bench, the Pacers will kill Detroit :)

TekeTorvo
05-09-05, 09:31 PM
Wizards!

ryuen
05-09-05, 11:25 PM
i really wanted houston to win. but that was kinda like too far fetched. if they only had a better power foward and guards... anyways i think san antonio and miami in the end. for now im rooting for phoenix. i really like phoenix team. stoudemire, nash, johnson, marion, johnson... theyre the best. i think theyre a high scoring team and good but i think they lack experience. other than nash theyre all relatively young. i really dislike san antonio and miami because they look boring to me for some reason but what can you say they have the better teams.

ryuen
05-09-05, 11:27 PM
Woah woah woah!

Folks chill out with the spurs thing :D

Pacers = my NBA Champs :D

Don't underestimate the Pacers. Look how they have overcome adversity. On the brink of being eliminated, they bounced back and made it so far. Jermain O'Neal, Artest and Jackson were out for almost half the season and we are still battling it out. Frankly, people want them to beat Detroit, that would be the NBA Final.

The Pacers pwned Miami. I think they still have it in them to beat Detroit and Miami. Off the bench, the Pacers will kill Detroit :)

oh and about the pacers. i think if they had artest they would have a far better chance going up the ladder. too bad they lost him. also same with chicago. losing eddy curry and luol deng was big. and i dont know why the idiot bulls arent resigning eddy curry??? stupid mistake. i think hes good.

flixotide
05-10-05, 02:52 AM
Phoenix vs. Miami in the finals, phoenix simply rock the place with their speed and precision. Only Ginobili of the spurs can keep that pace up, so suns will route the spurs easily.

Cheers, Flix

Saruji
05-11-05, 12:55 AM
Whatever the Jazz are gonna take it all the way,..... I know I know they didnt make it to the playoffs, but somehow, someway, by the miracles of the LDS church, the Jazz will rize like the tomb of Lenin and destroy the NBA competition. Muahahahahaha!

Ardneh42
05-11-05, 11:56 AM
Phoenix vs. Miami in the finals, phoenix simply rock the place with their speed and precision. Only Ginobili of the spurs can keep that pace up, so suns will route the spurs easily.

Cheers, Flix

The thing with the Spurs is that there whole defense is set up to make it so that speed doesnt matter, they turn it into half court games, not a full court running game. I do have to say that the Spurs/Phoenix series will be a good one.

flixotide
05-11-05, 03:58 PM
The thing with the Spurs is that there whole defense is set up to make it so that speed doesnt matter, they turn it into half court games, not a full court running game. I do have to say that the Spurs/Phoenix series will be a good one.

I'm looking forward to Spurs vs. Phoenix too, I doubt the spurs can contain the suns, although you're likely to be right that they will lockdown the speed.

As for someones rather humorous post on the Jazz, well, I've been a jazz fan for 15 years now. Back when I started digging the NBA I chose a team by random, it turned out to be the jazz, and I have followed them ever since. They've been very unfortunate with injuries this season, they'll be back and will reach the playoffs next season for sure.

Cheers, Flix

Ardneh42
05-12-05, 01:17 AM
I'm looking forward to Spurs vs. Phoenix too, I doubt the spurs can contain the suns, although you're likely to be right that they will lockdown the speed.

As for someones rather humorous post on the Jazz, well, I've been a jazz fan for 15 years now. Back when I started digging the NBA I chose a team by random, it turned out to be the jazz, and I have followed them ever since. They've been very unfortunate with injuries this season, they'll be back and will reach the playoffs next season for sure.

Cheers, Flix

See, you can never be a true Spurs fan if you like the Jazz, all true Spurs fans hate the Jazz, because back in the 90s pre-Duncan our playoffs would almost always end with the Jazz.

Also, the Mavs decided to turn this round into a series not a blowout, so this should be fun to watch.

nstabl
05-12-05, 02:04 AM
all i want to throw out is the nba's GOTTA be loosin money cuz lakers arent in the finals.. wat do you guys think?

ryuen
05-12-05, 08:09 PM
nah not just the lakers. besides kobe theres still lebron, garnett, and a few others missing that are big players

VinnyTAMU
05-20-06, 09:20 AM
What do you think about these playoffs now! All the series, save the Heat/Nets series have been super close! Also I am a HUGE SPURS fan, and I have to admit when they went down 3-1 to Dallas I doubted them. Now we got a game 7 on Monday.

GO SPURS GO!

ghost_recon88
05-20-06, 10:33 AM
Whoa, talk about resurrecting a dead thread.

Elif Tymes
05-20-06, 11:23 AM
Pistons Vs. Some other team! Game 7! Gah! Last game was close.

drenader
05-20-06, 11:33 AM
Spurs hell ya. I also am waiting for Cleveland to clean up, that would be HUGE.

VinnyTAMU
05-21-06, 08:49 AM
Whoa, talk about resurrecting a dead thread.

It was only 8 days old? :shrug:

ghost_recon88
05-21-06, 06:23 PM
It was only 8 days old? :shrug:

Dude, 2nd to last post before mine was in '05, we're in '06 now buddy.

VinnyTAMU
05-22-06, 12:11 AM
Dude, 2nd to last post before mine was in '05, we're in '06 now buddy.

Whoaaa, you are right sir!

FudgeNuggets
05-22-06, 07:52 AM
Well, now that the Cavs are out...GO Clippers!!!

drenader
05-22-06, 01:22 PM
SPURS

mdameron
05-22-06, 01:41 PM
I hope duncan gets bitch slapped by the mavs... 8 foot eagle arm length ugly ass... LOL

MAVS FTW!!!

drenader
05-22-06, 03:05 PM
Tim is like 7ft 1 max. One of the best fundumental players in the game today.

drenader
05-23-06, 02:25 AM
Lock this thread PLEASE. No need for it now that the spurs are out, no one cares anymore.

Hahaha it is worth a shot.

FudgeNuggets
05-23-06, 07:31 AM
Lock this thread PLEASE. No need for it now that the spurs are out, no one cares anymore.

Hahaha it is worth a shot.

I don't really care who wins so long as it's not the Pis-ons, errrr I mean Pistons

KillrBuckeye
05-23-06, 08:44 AM
GO PISTONS!!! :)

FudgeNuggets
05-23-06, 09:18 AM
GO PISTONS!!! :)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mdameron
05-23-06, 09:50 AM
MAVS FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arca_ex
05-23-06, 11:48 PM
HA! GO SUNS!!!!!!!! we crushed the clippers in game seven last night

FudgeNuggets
05-24-06, 07:27 AM
Pistons got SPANKED. Ha-Ha!!!