• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot+XBL owners, what timings and voltages are you running?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonEapples

I'm trying to tweak my settings for my rig around but would like to get an idea of what other Patriot+XBL owners are having success with. The problem is I can't really get an accurate idea of what settings my PC3200XBL 2x512 are stable at running at 1T because I can only set it after Windows loads with A64 tweaker. I would love to be able to run Memtest but until MSI decides to put out a bios update I'm stuck with 2T before the Windows load. I've read conflicting reviews on how much voltage these sticks like, this review shows in their testing that the Patriot+XBL actually does better at 2.65v all the way up to 275MHz. Some people like these guys had more success pumping more voltage through them. PDP themselves rate the RAM at their timings with the voltage scaling up to 2.95v as follows:

Speed Memory Timings Voltage Settings
PC3200 (400MHz) 2-2-2-5-1T 2.6-2.7v
PC3500 (436MHz) 2-3-3-6-1T 2.6-2.7v
PC3700 (466MHz) 2-3-3-6-1T 2.7-2.8v
PC4000 (500MHz) 2.5-3-3-7-1T 2.75-2.85v
PC4200 (533MHz) 3-4-4-8-1T 2.85-2.95v

The last couple of days I've been running 246x11 1.1 2.5-3-3-71T, and last night I ran prime with VDimm@ 2.65v it failed after 9 hours, so today I bumped the VDimm up to 2.70v and went out, I came back and prime failed after 6 minutes. I only had my Patriot RAM for 2 weeks before putting San Diego in, so I never really had a chance to test it much in Memtest running 1T. So just to give me a little more to work with, what timings+votage on your Patriot+XBL have you had success with? :shrug:

SuperNade, lots of Patriot+XBL experiences in that thread you linked, thanks! :beer: It seems some of these Patrtiot sticks just don't like high voltage and others do. I'm gonna try some different configurations and try to determine my RAM's sweet spot. :cool:

Jon,

My Patriot was running as high as 280 2.5 -3 - 4 - 7 but a couple of weeks ago system started to crash, system had been performing fine since December.

Right now not sure if memory, running Memtest at 270 and fine. So maybe CPU or something.

Just something to keep in mind.

Kevin

Back