• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD Decrypter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

winterhavok

I was decrypting the dvd (in which I own) titled House of the Flying Daggers, using DVD Decrypter. I didn't get any error messages or bad sector warnings so I thought it was all good. But when I tried to play the VFO file in DVD2AVI (I am wanting to make it into a DivX format so that I can play it at my school's computer for my classroom) but when I got to the first chapter it just showed up as black. The other chapter VFO files were fine and showed up perfectly, but that first VFO file didn't work correctly. Am I looking at a problem with the program, the dvd or the movie itself?

Sounds to me like your playback machine is missing the proper Codec. Go DL a program called G-Spot (no it's not dirty) and it'll tell you what codec you need.

hehe I am wathcing house of flying daggers right now. good movie.
im not very helpful am i :cry:

oops I missed that part about it being only the first chapter. Have you tried reripping it? If so, maybe it's a new encryption or copy protection method?

I had that problem on a few. I am making digital copies of all my dvd's. (about 330 dvd's). I had to rip those with the iso mode first. Then drag the iso into the dvd shrink window and encode it again to get everything working. So far I have About 30 done and all are less than 2 Gb in size and the 3 that are encoded in xvid are less than 700mb.

Yeah, I got it to work last night by doing it in ifo mode on DVD decrypter. I am using Gknot as my conversion tool, anyone have suggestions as to whether I should convert it to DivX, VCD, xvid or SVCD? Also, what programs out there play VCD/SVCD formats?

winterhavok said:
Yeah, I got it to work last night by doing it in ifo mode on DVD decrypter. I am using Gknot as my conversion tool, anyone have suggestions as to whether I should convert it to DivX, VCD, xvid or SVCD? Also, what programs out there play VCD/SVCD formats?

depending on your school it may not play divx but if your looking into it it probably does so i would say go with divx or possibly xvid, divx can fit your movie into 700mb but when doing a VCD you can only stick 80minutes of movie to a CD and i think svcd is like either 40 or 60 minutes/cd also you may want to try AutoGK it may not be as robust, but it will give you solid directions and be easy as pie to use.

Back