• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M4dSc1ent1st

Registered
Hi,

Everytime i browse on the forums, i get an alert box appering saying, alert - the document contains no data.

What that all about?

It seems only to be happening on OCforums.

Hmmmm, have you changed any settings or anything, you could try to un-install it and re-install it agian, that will probally solve your problems

Oh ya, welcome to the fourms bro!! :santa:

I tried that shellshock - it hasnt worked, anyone else got an idea? It seems to hapen all the time whilst i browse the oc forums, and generally not at all on other sites :(

Its really annoying, the box will pop up twice each time i click on a new thread.

Anyone else had this problem?

Ahh yes, it happens to me as well and its due to lack of ports.
It happens to me when I got my mulie open, also this will happen if the ocforums server is crowded.
This is my case, hope it helps a bit.

any way to overcome it, get rid of it? Its bloody annoying!!

Nice to see its not an isolated incident on my comp only.

m4d

If you do have mulie running set your Max Conn lower.
Also it is probebly coused by a router peaking its max ports, at least thats what mulie ppl say.

right, im not running mullie (dunno what that is anyway :) ). I suppose it could be my router then, its spltting the net through 4 comps...do u know how to configure the router? or shud i go ahead and post in the internet/netwroking section??

M4dSc1ent1st said:
Hi,

Everytime i browse on the forums, i get an alert box appering saying, alert - the document contains no data.

What that all about?

It seems only to be happening on OCforums.

I don't have that problem. Thus, it's probably an issue with the modem, line or ISP. Because of packet loss.

Also, for broadband users, also may be an issue with the router if you have a router.

Last edited:
Flip-Mode said:
It happens to me when I got my mulie open, also this will happen if the ocforums server is crowded.

When the server is crowded, I usually just get a timeout error message or just slow.

one question to all of the people that are having this problem, Did you just upgrade FF to 1.0.4? cause I did and this is when the problem arose, I even tried to revert back to 1.0.3 (deleted everything related to FF and removed the keys from the registry) and it's still doing it, I'm gonna try 1.0.2 and see if it works.
Edit// that didn't work either, Now I'm gonna go through my computer with a fine toothed comb :bang head
Edit2// Come to think of it I installed 1.0.4 two days ago, the problem started today and it's only on OCForums that it does it on, I guess I'll just re-install 1.0.4 and see if it does it tomorrow, maybe it's just a forum fluke :shrug:

Last edited:
Taz I tried that all ready going 1.0.2 and the bloody box's just keep coming...........................................................(real long pause) attack of the the box. :D lmao (sorry)

sipherblade said:
Taz I tried that all ready going 1.0.2 and the bloody box's just keep coming............................................ ...............(real long pause) attack of the the box. lmao (sorry)
blah, I thought you were going to sleep :p

Ok, my other box has 1.0.3 (never been upgraded to 1.0.4) and it doesn't have this problem, this is aggrevating as hell :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

Last edited:
TazExtreme3 said:
blah, I thought you were going to sleep

Ok, my other box has 1.0.3 (never been upgraded to 1.0.4) and it doesn't have this problem, this is aggrevating as hell :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head
was going to sleep but I have a killer tooth ache anyways me thinks it has to be an error in the script somewhere.

Muhahahaha, I found the fix for me
From mozillaZine forums
Filipp0s said:
To stop this pop-up message, and display the error on the page itself:
a. Type about:config in the location bar
b. Look for the line browser.xul.error_pages.enabled
c. Change its value to true

TazExtreme3 said:
Muhahahaha, I found the fix for me
From mozillaZine forums

wow - thanks for that, i think it has done the trick (if it hasnt worked, u'll be hearing about it soon lol) :santa:

dead chuffed. Those goddam boxes were/are so annoying.

I thought that came up because of the ads. The adservice wasn't working right yesterday, so in Firefox it said the document contains no data twice, one for each of the ad blocks (top and bottom). IE just left the ad areas blank.

Back