• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Look Like Mac

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dmatko

Does anyone know how to make your windows display look like an apple computer? i saw it done a while ago, but im not sure where to d/l the display files/fonts from. thnx

You need a program to "skin" windows. Check out WindowBlinds or StyleXP. StyleXP works pretty well - I have used it before.

missed my thread eh?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=271639&highlight=customize+winxp

Im a mac lover, i wouldnt do it. whats the point? your just burning resources. I made that back when my dually was way better than everyone elses i had mem/cpu to burn lol. now the most ill do is a basic skin using the patched uxtheme.dll.

the aqua UI isnt anything special. Im running my mac now, you just get used to the new UI. i think itd be something to get KDE or Gnome on XP.

MadSkillzMan said:
i think itd be something to get KDE or Gnome on XP.
Here are the two Gnome skins I found while searching a while back:

Ximian GNOME Nautilus (scroll down to find it) and GNOME v2 Simple. I like the former better, but it's graphics are a bit messed up, so I use the latter. Both are Windowblinds skins, so no good if you use the hacked DLL.

JigPu

head over to winmatrix.com, they have some good programs over there, no other programs necessary, I used a Visual Style that imitated Longhorn, and a guy there is comign out with the side widget that we have seen in some screenshots of Longhorn

JigPu thats neat and all, but that isnt TRUE gnome lol.

Ive seen people write a hacked Shell32.dll to incorporate the longhorn sidebar (my family comp runs it) no extra progs needed.

There are .dll hacks to give you the mac drop shadows, and 1 guy was working on a dock that integrated directly into windows.

Dont ya just HATE how you cant FULLY change your UI to another environment? I love the mac, i can run KDE on top of aqua, having FULL kde features/libs/progs

Ah, I was wondering if you might be aluding to that based off your word choice :D Yeah, it'd be great to run straight Gnome (/me is big fan of Gnome), or stuff like it. It'd probably take some kind of windows implementation of X and loads of other programs/libraries to work though :( While you technically can change your UI to a completely different environment by changing shells (a la LightStep, Aston, etc), the variety is extrordinarily limited, and is usually excruciating to configure to a working state :-/

JigPu

Flyakit OSX

Help!

I just downloaded a program called Flyakit OSX which is a skin for windows that changes everything to look like Mac OS, (Taskbar, Icons, Login Screen) I decided I did not want to use it anymore and so I uninstalled it. I restarted my computer everything went back to normal except for the login screen. I tried a system restore and it failed so right now I need help. I am using Windows XP and everything to restore my computer back to normal is not working. Can someone help me?:cry:

the website i got the theme was http://osx.portraitofakite.com/
and the patch was http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=140707
(second link on the page for the patcher)

Back