• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remote desktop logging

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

Hi Techies,

I was wondering in the windows xp remote desktop connection utility can i connect to a person in teh internet and help him over by overtaking his computer with his permission. Well another secnario will be like I'm helping to a customer in a company to troubleshoot his computer remotely. At this time I'll be in anoher location ad he willbe in office connected to his network which has internet capability. So give me an idea how to connect to him using the windows remote dektop utility or is their any otehr quick methosd or a software I can uses for this kind of situvation. Thanks in advance.

You can do that, as long as the ports are forwarded (or maybe you cant). I have tried to help my girlfriend on her computer (4 hours away), and I have yet to get it working. We have used TightVNC (surperior to Remote Desktop by far), forwarded the ports, and even put her in a DMZ, and still no go.

well I tested the utility with one of my friend and it works. Only thign is it depends on teh permmision u set to it. For me I can see her computer and instruct her to do the chanes in teh machine but I think if ya have the full options enabled u can remotely access and do the changes in that m/c. Thaks for the help this is still ongoing project

Back