• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquamqrk on XP64=no go?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtlee75

Anyone been able to run aquamark on a windows XP64 system?
I keep getting the error reporting message(just haven't turned it off yet).
Any Ideas?

jtlee75 said:
Anyone been able to run aquamark on a windows XP64 system?
I keep getting the error reporting message(just haven't turned it off yet).
Any Ideas?

So, you mean that it just crashes?

hyperasus said:
Is xp64 worth all the trouble right now? Does it feel a lot faster than xp?

i can bet u it isnt...barely any 64-bit drivers are out for 64-bit Windows yet, and because of that, performance on some levels will be very poor, that or the hardware just wont work properly...

hyperasus: No faster that I can feel or measure. It's smoother when multi-tasking with an Athlon 64 but that's about it. I like it and use x64 everyday. But whatever you do don't do the trade up thing: get the trial instead. Don't give up your XP license (which is what you do during the trade up) until you're sure everything you have or use works under x64.

I think its actually a tad slower. It seems like i get more little 1 secound lock up glitches. Probably from non optimized drivers.

Also I lost my EQ settings on my Audigy 2, on the other hand windows now integrates a bass/trebble knob, so I guess im allrgiht, but having the Audigy EQ was nice. Also I lost my scanner. BUt its a small price to pay.

Well, I can't pay that price for gaming reasons atm. Call of duty works fine but the united offensive expansion will not even install. I host small lan parties every other saturday night and not being able to run games is a big problem for me. I guess I will be going back to xp pro non-64 till all the little things get worked out.

Back