• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardware in China?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m3x1c4nj3w

Disabled
We'll, my grandfather passed away last weekend :cry: and now my family is going back to China during family vacation to attend his memorial service.

I was thinking of picking up some hardware for cheap while I was there.

Is anyone here from China? I need to know about how the prices are there.

Cheap but I wouldn't buy from there. What happens if something breaks? I'd have to pay insane shipping fees to get it RMAed.

-1cem4n

sorry to hear about your losses - if anything pick up some new trchnology that hasnt arrive in north america yet :D like playstation 50,0000 :D

I'm just trying to see if I can pick up something at bargain prices.

I was thinking about the Gainward video cards, as they don't sell them in the states anymore.

Last edited:
Watch out an awful lot of computer components sold in small stores and markets in the far east are counterfeits or rebadged duds, make sure that you only buy from a major supplier.

Straight hardware isn't great, as Hyperlogik says, there are a lot of wannabe brands that seem like they have everything but won't last 6 months.

Electronics can definitely be found on the cheap when there are a lot of competitors in one place. If you don't know anybody in the area who can point you in the right direction, get into a cab and ask the driver to take you to a good place. I got really lucky in Singapore and found just what I needed that way.

Back