• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is causing these errors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shrinkydinx

i have a feeling they could be related since they appeared at the same time - all the fans are spinning when it gives me this... i ran diskcheck and it found a bunch of errors when it scanned but 'fixed' them...

this all started when i installed sonicstage, i swear to god i think the program killed my hdd, what else could it have been doing with 50% of my CPU when it wasnt playing music??

err2uq.jpg

:bang head

mista ting said:
try disabling HD S.M.A.R.T and are you on water? then disalbe cpu fan checking in bios

no i have fans... but they worked before and after this deal came about

although maybe the error was coming up all the time i just naver saw it cuz it didnt make me press a key to continue... :rolleyes:

:shrug:

the fan speed sensor on your fan may not be working for some reason if you have a different fan to try on you cpu try it and see if it helps . or something on the mb thet used the speed info is not working right but i would try fan.

How many fans do you have?!?!? I'd be willing to bet that you have TOO many and some of them are plugged into the same molex as the HD. Sooo at least REMOVE the fans that are plugged in line with the HD.

The smart warning could be a signal that your drive is going bad. Try using scan disk to run a surface scan of the disk. Also, see if you can track down diagnostic software from the company that made the drive and run it. You may want to back up important data. Is your PCI bus overclocked at all?

As for the fan error, did you check to see if a fan was plugged into the cpu fan header? Is it running of of 7v instead of 12v (7v mod)?

What type of HS do you have? A friend with an XP-120 always gets CPU fan failure messages; we determined that was caused by the 120mm fans spinning too slowly (I think) for the sensor. My case fans are 120's and I get fan-speed warnings in bios all the time unless they're on full (which is neither needed nor practical/desired due to noise :p ).

Back