• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mom Wouldn't Buy Me Duel Raptors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pip

So I was at Fry's today, and 36 GB Raptors were $70 after rebate. I almiost cried out in ecstacy. I ask my mother if I can borrow $140 and she says no. Screwed out of the deal of the centuryu, so I'm depressed now. :bang head

buddy no offense but why should you get the money? I have never asked my parents for money, they shouldn't have to give me money, if I want to upgrade somethign I save, and then I do it.

^^^woah chill dude its called borrowing money...Do u own a house? Did u get a loan from the bank? Why would u get a loan when u save the money?

OK but seriously, damn thats a SWEET DEAL! 2 raptors for the price of one!

you think that's bad? my mom wouldn't let me buy it with my own money lol, i usually have to snick stuff in my room when she's away, it's amazing how i manage to snick in 2 set of floor standing speakers lol, she was like : "why is your room so crowded" and i'll be like "mom it's always been like that... lol"

duel raptors!

53250572.jpg

Still though the parents can only say yes sometimes. If it takes you 4 months to pay them off then they probably won't pay for it lol. How much do you make a week?

Honestly, I trust my parents when it comes to stuff like this. I usually borrow money from them and pay it back as I don't have a CC, and when my mother says its a stupid purchase, it usually is. ;)

:D Haha good point. Although I have to say that there comes a time when I have a lot of money and it's just burning and hole through my pocket and into my leg...........I have to buy something.

I informed my parents that I'm upgrading my comp to a A64 with the works and my dad looked at me and in his eyes I could see "WTF is wrong with you?".
Old folks CANNOT understand upgrades, my dad uses his comp for web surfing only and its a Celeron and its going to be good enough for web surfing in 5 years from now so he can't understand "The Need For Mhz".

Flip-Mode said:
Old folks CANNOT understand upgrades, my dad uses his comp for web surfing only and its a Celeron and its going to be good enough for web surfing in 5 years from now so he can't understand "The Need For Mhz".

The term old and not wanting to upgrade. hahahahaha

I am not a spring chicken and love the newest hardware. My father in law who is like in his mid sixties really wants a new dual core, with powah (he loves Intel too). He just can't afford it. My brother in law loves his upgraded rig.
Just because your over 30, don't mean you don't understand upgrading. You just have to convince the older folks it is a good investment. :thup:

*EDIT*

my parents have never given me one cent towards my computer, or mods for my car.

the only thing they have bought me in the past three years besides clothes and food was they gave me a loan for my car $5000 this winter, i pay them $300 a month during school and $600 a month during summer

Last edited by a moderator:
zip22 said:
duel raptors!

53250572.jpg

rofl at this.

theres nothing wrong with asking the parents for money if you can pay it back and they are ok with it as well.

bummer they werent willing/able to help you out here but if you keep your eyes open youll probably be able to find this deal again somewhere in the next few months.

Nothing wrong with a "loan" for upgrades etc...just, don't get bummed if the answer is "no". There can be many reasons for the request to be denied. Liquidity being the first that comes to mind. If I didn't have the cash "on-hand", I would deny the request too. No need whatever to increase CC billage for something that is simply "wanted" as opposed to "needed" ;)

Mom won't let you upgrade? Don't feel too bad..... Someday, you'll have a wife, and she won't let ya upgrade stuff either... (first hand knowledge here)

You know, I don't know which smilie to use here, as both this: :p , AND this: :cry: apply.... :rolleyes:

Next time she doesn't loan you money, drop to the ground, scream like mad, and flail your limbs to cause havok.

You wont get what you want, but it would be amusing for everyone else.

Mr B said:
Mom won't let you upgrade? Don't feel too bad..... Someday, you'll have a wife, and she won't let ya upgrade stuff either... (first hand knowledge here)

You know, I don't know which smilie to use here, as both this: :p , AND this: :cry: apply.... :rolleyes:

Isn't that the truth. Very well put!

9mmCensor said:
Next time she doesn't loan you money, drop to the ground, scream like mad, and flail your limbs to cause havok.

You wont get what you want, but it would be amusing for everyone else.

lmao

Back