• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP is messed up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mad_pc_man

I just uninstalled portraitofakite's FlyakiteOSX program. It said to reboot and I did it came up with an error message. I went on to microsoft's website and it said to run Dr.Watson but to run it you have to be at command prompt. Please help me sort it out.
Incidently, the error was:
STOP c000021a (loads of numbers)
This system has been shut down.

Microsoft says its to do with winlogon or crss(think thats right)
mad_pc_man

Wow, I started reading the solution, and thought I would just give you the link. Would probably be easier to reinstall.

It says that error code is for Win NT, but thats the best I found.

HERE is the link. Good luck.

Last edited:
i dont think that is the same solution as i found if i did reinstall would i lose my documens and stuff. also if i did reinstall the xp cd i have is sp1 would that mess up windows?

mad_pc_man said:
i dont think that is the same solution as i found if i did reinstall would i lose my documens and stuff. also if i did reinstall the xp cd i have is sp1 would that mess up windows?

Do a sytem "repair" and everything should be intact except maybe a driver or two and a reinstall of the SP1 and/or SP2 .

Basicaly heres what you need to do ... LINKY .

READ THE SECOND PARAGRAGH CAREFULLY !!! You want to "by-pass" the FIRST repair option (recovery console) ; you want the SECOND repair option that shows up AFTER the (F8) Licence agreement !!!

*NOTE* If you screw up and do the first option (recovery console) , just EXIT the repair and start over .

Ive done a sytem repair quite a few times with no problems or loss of data , but you'll have to re-install SP1 or SP2 after the repair (if it was installed originally) ; otherwise the pc may run slower than it should .

You should be good to go ... ;) :D

Last edited:
Back