• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ebay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ace22901

Registered
Im building a new computer and I am looking for some parts and noticed there are some great deals on ebay. I was just wondering if you guys would steer clear of this for any reason and otherwise if there are any thing you have to look out for when buying on ebay. Thanks

You should pay close attention to the feedback score profiles. one or two negatives is not really bad as some people are never happy with what they bought, lots of negatives then stay away from that seller. The larger the number of transactions along with the feedback scores tell you a lot.

i've nevber been ripped off on ebay, my grandma kinda has, but she's made hundreds of transactions

if they're got over like a 96% with a bunch of transactions i'd do it

I bought a Zalman CPU cooler, a video/TV tuner card and a 2.4 GHz, 800 fsb pentium 4 processor at great prices. If you can wait for the auction to end and want to save a few bucks its OK but you will not get a warranty and some stuff is sold as is. Like the others said, look for 100% or close to it for the rating and at least ten sales.

Thanks for info guy, I guess I'm going to try this because maybe now I can get an ultra :). Plus the guy has 106 positive feedback and no negative.

Cautions

Always remeber Ebay is a Buyers beware market-so here are some hints:
1) Always look for and buy with the Pay-Pal Shield-that way if you do get ripped-off you have recourse to get your money back.
2) Always look at the buyers feedback and what they are- you will learn often the seller delivers what is promised but the buyer is unhappy- you can live with a few but when the buyer doesnt deliver or doesn't deliver what is promised beware.
3) I only buy from sellers that guarantee no DOA.I highly recommend not purchasing any product that doesn't guarantee that.
4) If the seller choses to hide from the public the feedback-I never buy he may have several somethings to hide.
5) Due to the problems you could have in providing strangers with your credit card info I highly recommend you only use PayPal and do not use you credit cards.
If anyone else has recommendation on buying Ebay I would also like to here them.

you should know the retail price of the product you are bidding on before you bid. I have found that pople that bid on the sper of the moment or get cought up in the bidding have a tendency to bid more then new price .

dittohead said:
my best advise is you get what you pay for ;)
I beg to differ. I have scored some great deals on Ebay. True it does not satisfy instant gratifaction like buying something at a store, but I have saved a bundle there. Although, I personally buy all my computer hardware from Newegg (call it a warranty thing). Ebay is great for screws, fans, sleeving, cables etc..

Back