• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox and Html

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M4dSc1ent1st

Registered
Hi

(i have got this posted in Programming tips and tricks too, to try and catch the most amount of people. Mods, feel free to delete if its not ok)

I have just 'converted' to firefox and am liking it. I have a quick question tho, and hope this is the correct place to put it.

I like to write html code in notepad, and then save it as .htm .I then open the webpage and see how it looks, and "view source" to edit/change/continue writing the page.

In IE, i can open "view source" and make changes fine, but with FF when i open "view source", i can not make any changes to the code. Why is this? Is there a pluggin or extension i need or setting i havnt enabled??

Cheers

m4d

i just tried a load of them - none seemed to work. (might have dloaded the wrong ones perhaps?)

Did i explain the problem clearly?

Simply, when i have written a webpage in html in notepad, i save it as a htm and then i would open it in IE - this displays everything how it would look on the net.

If i spotted a problem, wnated to change something, i would then open the source of the page and then edit it (in IE) - by clicking view>view source.

When that box/window comes up, i can freely edit the source and change stuff.

Now, in Firefox i cannot do this. I open up view page source, lots of colours come up (which is nice) but i cannot alter the code in anyway. (despite the file being on my comp).

How can i edit the code? I want to edit it in a similar manner as to the way i would useully to it in IE.

Hope that is clearer, thanks for the link E.wolf.

Davies - i prefer using notepad...nothing i write is too big or laboursome and as u say, quick edits are easier with my, the method i describe above.

m4d :)

unfortunately i cant get it to work with that either. Thanks again for the link e.wolf.

It still wont let me edit the code :( . If an answer cant be found, i will just have to stick to IE for html editing. Other than that tho, ff is cool.

Any one else got any ideas? if you could try what i have explained if you are not to sure about what i mean.

Thanks all.

m4d

i have worked out the reason why,

When i click on view source in IE, it opens notepad up and allows me to edit. With ff it opens its own viewer and does'nt let you edit it...its not integrated with notepad. My fault really, cos i didnt realise.....even with the nice array of colours on the commands...lol!!

thnk for ur help

Back