• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just another "my pc won't boot" thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subtotal

well, here goes

my computer won't boot, it's an nf7-s2g. it's giving me an error beep (1 long, 1 short) which corresponds to a problem with the memory.
i tested my ram in another pc, it worked fine. i tried ram i knew worked in my pc and it still didn't boot.
i tried swapping out my cpu, didn't help.
i found that if i left the cmos to clear long enough it would let me get into bios, but as soon as i exited bios the problem came back.

i think my mobo is the culprit. what do you guys think?

no change with the other ram, i wasn't aware a dead cmos battery could cause this sort of problem. i'll check it with my multimeter and see if it's dead

EDIT: don't ask me why but when i took the battery out and put it back in again it somehow fixed it.

it seems my computer is more random than i am...

EDIT2: turns out it didn't fix it after all, but i tried flashing the bios after i realised the only time it actually loaded up was when i didn't change anything. it seems to be working now (crosses fingers)

Last edited:
Back