• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X64 problems and drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

2 problmes. 1 is installing.

i got some raid drivers for my nF4 DFI board; actually its just a silcone image 3114 driver. BUt it should work all the same. When windows goes to install on a drive it shows up the two dirves unraided. The other problme is I saved 20gb for my X64 install; so that i could run 32bit for all the problems it would undoubtaly have

my guess is the nF4 raid is only bassed off of silicon image 3114 but needs it own set of drivers.

The other problem is i can't find an audigy LS driver.

any suggetions?

There are no Audigy LS drivers yet. Creative has a time limited preview driver available here: preview.creativelabs.com but it doesn't support the LS. You can use the Realtek 850 onboard sound. Yeah, it's crappy next to the LS but the driver is here: ftp://152.104.238.194/pc/ac97/alc650/wdm64_a372.exe.

Mind if I ask why are you using the Silicon Image RAID instead of the Nvidia controllers on that Lanparty NF4 SLI? The Nvidia controllers will provide better performance. Nvidia RAID is its own thing and not associated with the Silicon Image 3114 controllers. Drivers exist for the Nvidia RAID but you'll need to make your own F6 floppy for use during Windows setup becuase I don't know anywhere that you can download the disk image. I can post a "guide" on how to do this if you need one. You also have to set up the stripe or mirror in Nvidia's RAID BIOS before doing this.

Hope that helps.

Heres the deal. the nividia disk has sillicone image 3114 written right on it. However, I have looks for the nvidia drivers and havn't found them. Also I have formated the raid0 alrady on a 32bit install, and let a 20gig partion for the X64 install but becuase it doesn't have any raid drivers it doesn't see the partitions. I suppose if i could get the nividia raid driver I'd be allright, but I can't find that.

The SI 3114 drivers may be on the RAID disk you got with the motherboard as some DFI's have additional SI controllers (the one I talked about above for example) but the Nvidia controllers don't need the the SI drivers.

To make the F6 RAID disk for x64 you need to extract the nForce4 standalone 6.39 drivers for x64 (download here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp64_6.39_beta.html) into a temp folder. Copy everything in the temp's IDE\WINXP folder to a new floppy disk except for the raidtool subdirectory.

To keep x64 from complaining that it can't find the security catalogs during the text part of the install you can copy the files "nvata.cat" and "nvraid.cat" and "nvuide.exe" from the floppy provided by DFI to your new floppy. You'll still get the WHQL complaints (a lot of 'em) during the GUI part of the install but just keep hitting yes and you'll get there. When the system is up and running finish up by installing the full Nvidia driver set.

Hey thanks a lot! You got me going. Im runnign X64 right now. Its a 180 day trail so i figure this can free up my standard copy of pro and then i can use that one at home.

Back