• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to take a Screenshot of a video .avi format?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord_Zoltan

Hey i have a avi homemade video from my cam.
Thing is i want to take a .jpg or bitmap or whatever screenshot of a certain frame.
What program do i use, if i just hit printscreen when ipaste it into paint iget a black box.

Thanks.

Zoltan

Lord_Zoltan said:
Hey i have a avi homemade video from my cam.
Thing is i want to take a .jpg or bitmap or whatever screenshot of a certain frame.
What program do i use, if i just hit printscreen when ipaste it into paint iget a black box.

Thanks.

Zoltan
Turn hardware acceleration off.

bsplayer should do screen capture of movie files, although i was having trouble with getting all white screens with it earlier.

...That's a neat little trick Captain Slug! I'm gonna have to try it the next time I need to take a shot :)

/me disables hardware acceleration (overlays, specifically) since I'm lazy and don't want to download new things :D
JigPu

Captain Slug said:
You can do the lazy method which works most of the time: pause the video, minimize it, unminimize it, then press Prnt Scrn.

this doesnt work for me.

Anyone know where hardware accel, is in windows media player 10, or do i have 11. I hate that program so much i dont even know.

Thanks

Zoltan

Lord_Zoltan said:
this doesnt work for me.

Anyone know where hardware accel, is in windows media player 10, or do i have 11. I hate that program so much i dont even know.

Thanks

Zoltan

Tools > Options > Performance > Move Slider from Full to None > OK

Back