• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which one these two should i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tazon

ok i am building two comps for my office, i don't know which one of these two micros will do better. my main concern here is STABILITY and not so much performance

Intel Celeron D 2.26ghz
AMD sempron 2200+

both will be running in the cheapest ASUS mobo i can find with onboard video and lan.

emilio

For best stability and reliability, use a motherboard with an Intel chipset. This of course will not be the cheapest. If you are going low budget, that means SIS or VIA chipset and if that's the situation, you might as well go with an AMD CPU if it's cheaper.

For best stability and reliability, use a motherboard with an Intel chipset.

Maybe... but to be honest, it's a marginal thing. An Intel chipset vs an AMD SIS chipset, yes Intel is certainly better - but then again, SIS are the cheapest you can get. Intel chipset vs VIA, they're pretty much the same.

Sempron should also give considerably better performance (though you're not so interested in that) since it has more cache and is a newer chip.

Back