• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much is the system worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chado

Registered
If I were to sell this system how much should I list it for?

Asus A7N8X-e Deluxe
AMD barton 2800+ O/c'ed to 3200+ (should i mention this? :)
512 mb Kingston Ram
Ati AIW Radeon 9800 pro
Benq FP767 v.2 17" lcd monitor
Logitech Cordless Duo LX700
Altec Lansing 5.1 System (got it for about $100CAN, cant remember the model and Im not at home right now)
Nice case (bout $75CAN bucks, with two case fans and controller (bout $30)

Thats about it I think.. any suggestions of pricing?

That's still a good system :)

In the UK, I'd certainly sell that at no lower than £550, especially with the TFT monitor included.

£550... (accessing exchange rates...) that works out as $1283CAD

If it is going to be sold as overclocked. Yes mention it is overclocked. Otherwise it is fraud in a way. They might think they are getting a higer rated CPU. Just good pratice. :D
If the person don't know how to care and feed an overclocked rig they might run into issues later. Just state it can be made into a XXXXMhz CPU if you want...

Myself I would pay no more than 350-400US for it. It is getting a tad outdated. Good machine still, but outdated. Now if you toss in a formatted hard drive and CD ROM. You could eek out a few more bucks in the upper range of what I would pay.
Nice older card too. :thup:

I would say about $650 with monitor is reasonable.
Vid card worth $150
Board + proc= $100
Monitor= $200
Ram= $40 (hard to tell without more details)
Keboard mouse= $40
Case = 50
sound = 50
hd= 50?

Chado said:
If I were to sell this system how much should I list it for?

Asus A7N8X-e Deluxe
AMD barton 2800+ O/c'ed to 3200+ (should i mention this? :)
512 mb Kingston Ram
Ati AIW Radeon 9800 pro
Benq FP767 v.2 17" lcd monitor
Logitech Cordless Duo LX700
Altec Lansing 5.1 System (got it for about $100CAN, cant remember the model and Im not at home right now)
Nice case (bout $75CAN bucks, with two case fans and controller (bout $30)

Thats about it I think.. any suggestions of pricing?

here's what i would pay for it new:
mobo + CPU = 100
RAM = 40
9800 pro = 120
17" LCD = 150 (i got mine for less than 200 new a year ago)
mouse/keyboard = 30-40
Speaker = 40 (i got the midi land system in my sig for 40)
case? no idea but now a day a full tower dragon can be have for like 40
The PSU you didn't list, that could cost some money.
my seagate 160GB SATA was 70 bucks :)
so about 600 new?

Chado said:
forgot to mention the 80gb SATA seagate HDD :p

Do you intend to install some open source stuff? IF it has linux and some office stuff to show off. You might be able to eek out another few bux. Windows is kinda out, legalities and such. Linux will show it functions and is a very viable rig. Plus might give an edge of 1337.
Worth maybe another 50$ for a funtioning OS/package on it.

warlock110... its benqs fp767 version.2. I got mine for $630 CAN in the summer... I dont think ver.2 was out last year..

Chado said:
warlock110... its benqs fp767 version.2. I got mine for $630 CAN in the summer... I dont think ver.2 was out last year..

oh, i probably didn't see the model, i have a proview, not a benQ, you said 17" and i'm just quoting a regular 17" LCD now a day. My friend scored one for under 100 but that deal only lasted a few hours (i was hitting myself for not jumping on it). but the general 17" analog LCD are about 150 to 170, and 19" is slightly above 200.

from the price that you paid, it must be a nice LCD, i would keep it because putting it up with the system will surely take an impact on the price, either sale the LCD seperately or keep it, do not put it in the system, that LCD costs as much as the system itself, it'll be really hard to sale them together.

I'm not really inform on the topic of LCD, but that LCD must have DVI and it probably has a 16 or lower ms repond rate right? the dell ultra sharp (i believe it's a rebadge samsung) is pretty much top of the 17" LCD with DVI and 16ms respond rate, it doesn't go above 200 bucks.

PS: saling computer is probably a tricky topic, IMO it's best to give away to relative instead of putting them on sale, the problem with putting old computer on sale is that the price are dipping low, much lower than what you paid for, and even then it's hard because the normal comsumer buy prebuilt computers from store, and hardcore user normally know how to built one. If you want you can downgrade that computer and give it away to a relative who needs a surfing rig.

Last edited:
Back