• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VCD on DVD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

Does anyone know of a way to burn a VCD onto a DVD? I have lots of small videos, however I can only fit about 5 on a DVD due to the way it compresses them. On a VCD I can fit 4 (all videos are about the same size). Is there any way I can burn a DVD disk as a VCD?

You should be able to just stick a DVD in your burner, and then fire up Nero or something to create a new VCD project. Once you've got 4GB (or however much DVD holds :D) on the thing, burn it. It should work fine :)

To my knowledge, as long as the player can read the disk AND the format, it can play the video. I once burned about 5 minutes of DVD compressed footage to a standard CD-R (since that's about all it'll hold ;)) and it worked fine on my compy and on my hardware player :D

JigPu

There's also extended DVD which compresses at a lower rez than regular, you can get 6 hours a disc vs. 2 I think.

--Illah

Back