• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm giving into peer pressure..help me decide on this please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

Well...we all know those lovely San Deigo 3700+ 1MB L2 Cache are pretty much FX 55's in a nutshell once overclocked...and im a poor white boy with no job. So i gotta Strategically Upgrade...Here is what i'm thinking about doing...

Idea 1
Buy some GeIL PC 4000 2x512 and get the most out of this Mobile Athlon XP until I get the huge ammount of money required for the 3700+/New Mobo and use the GeIL as RAM...

Idea 2
Buy some GeIL PC 4000 2x512 and get the most out of this Mobile Athlon XP until I get the huge ammount of money required for the 3700+/New Mobo and use the GeIL as RAM...Selling my current Mobo/RAM/CPU/HSF and a nice 9800PRO -> XT I just got rid of for my new 6800GT for some money to lean on towards the 3700+/New Mobo

Idea 3 (Sorta like Idea 2)
Sell my Mobo/RAM/CPU/HSF/9800PRO -> XT right now then buy parts as I get the money for the 3700+/Mobo/RAM while trying to design websites/hard hard labor to make money.

Thats all I can think of right now...if anyone has suggestions or ideas id appricate it. Please fellow members of the OCForums, put my mind to ease!

I'd say option 1 or 2, and if you can stand the wait, I'd lean for option 1. Sounds a little more secure, though it may take a little while. Also means that you might be able to take advantage of a drop in prices in the future.

Goodl luck!

Well....i'll probaly take your advice into heavy consideration. How much do you think this rig will sell for?

Athlon XP M 2500+ @ 2.3ghz 1.7vcore STABLE *prime'ed 49 hours* Idles 30C loads 41C (Will tell them that i can change the cpu speed for them)
Abit NF7-S Rev 2 - Stock Bios
2x512 pc 3200 corsair value select 2.5-3-3-7 dual channel
sapphire radeon 9800pro -> xt - 128mb 256bit *XT PCB!* 438/378 w/ thermaltake volcano 8 & modded 80mm fan
60gb 7200RPM *Silent* Western Digital IDE
onboard sound
asus 48x cdrw
enermax 350watt silent psu
thermaltake xaser II 5000 full size tower

If anyone cares to help me out with that bunch...thanks for the replys so far :)

I would keep it all until it runs into the ground... err.... I mean, do option 1. The wait shouldn't be too long. If you mow a few lawns you could have your new CPU/board by fall.

yeah selling of hardware is the only thing that enables me to upgrade....

good luck bro hope you get what you want !

Back