• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEC 6fgp 27" CRT monitor dsub bnc 1600 by 1200 60 hz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker550

NEC 6fgp 27" CRT monitor dsub bnc 1600 by 1200 60 hz
Hello, can anyone shed some light on the NEC 6fgp 27" CRT monitor dsub bnc 1600 by 1200 60 hz? I dont even know how ill make room on my desk for a 27" but any larger is outta the question. Anyone know the dot pitch of this beast? Is this or any other 27" CRT monitors good quality? My 21" dell p1110 is .24 AG pitch and I am looking to get an even bigger monitor

Mine should have about 400" view space, this 27" would have like 625" so its more than 50% greater view space. In order to preserve the image quality of my 21" its dot pitch would need to be no more than .40 If it has a .60 dot pitch then it would be equal in quality to a 15" with .19 dot, a 17" with .24 dot, 19" with with .31 dot and a 21" with .39 dot. Therefore it would make a great upgrade for your old 15" or 17" while preserving the quality.

You see, dot pitch is important in the clarity of text. This is why 21" monitors are king because they have such a good dot pitch for their size, mine being .24 and the 21" has about 400" of view space as compared to a 15" with half the view space and yet the same dot pitch so text of course is smaller and blurrier on a 15"

Anyway with that out of the way, Ill mention the NEC 6fgp 27" CRT monitor dsub bnc 1600 by 1200 60 hz again I may have the chance to buy on but I cant find much info on it!

Thats what I thought too. I have emailed the seller again. Now I am suspicious. A google search shows it as 21" I told him to measure JUST the glass diagonally. He might have been measuring the whole thing, basil and all when your really supposed to measure ONLY the glass! If its really a 27" monitor the glass itself should be about 25" viewable diagonally!

It's a 21" not a 27"

I am assuming this is the moron's listing, NEC's usually have a larger front footprint, your P1110 has a border just under 2" while the NEC's border is closer to 2.5"", and the two NEC bottom corners are 4", this moron took a tape measure from outside border corner to outside border corner to get the 27" measurment. If you measure your P1110 from the outer border corner to corner it is just shy of 25".

PS this NEC 6fgp has a dot pitch of .28, and would probably give you a headache after using a sony tubed monitor. also this monitor does not support 1600 x 1200

Maximum Resolution
Maximum : Up to 1280x1024
Macintosh : 1280x1024, 75 Hz
Flicker free : 1280x1024, 74 Hz

I have a 21" CRT. The one in the picture is a 21". Look at the size of the pop cans. 60 Hz refresh rate on a monitor that size is horrid looking.

The seller is a total idiot, I sent him an email and he gave me a lecture about CRT's

I guess he thinks I am an idiot he tried to insist its a 27" and I was emphatically wrong, I sent him this link

It's NEC's discontinued product list page for this specific monitor.

http://www.necdisplay.com/products/...ct=63&ClassificationFamily=1&Classification=1

Picture Tube/Display

21-inch (19.8" viewable image size)
flat square technology CRT,
0.28 mm trio dot pitch, dot type

I told him NEC and myself are wrong and he is right. :rolleyes:

thanks for the heads up! He now says:

Note: As I did a bit more research, I found out that my initial statement was wrong about plastic to plastic corner. CRT's are measured from corner of CRT to corner of CRT, with the viewable measurement coming from the fact that the plastic covers some of the CRT. Therefore, I do have to go by the 21" monitor statement, correctly stated by NEC. To joncannard, the only current bidder, you are not obligated to buy if you win. Others, realize that it is technically a 21" monitor, is 27" corner of plastic to corner of plastic, and 19.8" viewable.

He had no clue how to measure monitors! The deals off, I am not buying anything from him! He could have fooled someone, good thing for us that asked questions and made the moron realize he was wrong after all!

"Believe me, it is, by official measurement technique for CRT'se, a 27"
monitor, from corner to corner of plastic. There's just a lot of
plastic
there. Viewable, it is somewhere between 19 and 20".
Thanks."

well that settles it. His is really a 21" with 27" of plastic but its not a real 27" monitor :bang head

can anyone help me find a REAL 27" so I can upgrade this p1100 sony trinitron tube?

Last edited:
:rolleyes:
Overclocker550 said:
thanks for the heads up! He now says:

Note: As I did a bit more research, I found out that my initial statement was wrong about plastic to plastic corner. CRT's are measured from corner of CRT to corner of CRT, with the viewable measurement coming from the fact that the plastic covers some of the CRT. Therefore, I do have to go by the 21" monitor statement, correctly stated by NEC. To joncannard, the only current bidder, you are not obligated to buy if you win. Others, realize that it is technically a 21" monitor, is 27" corner of plastic to corner of plastic, and 19.8" viewable.

He had no clue how to measure monitors! The deals off, I am not buying anything from him! He could have fooled someone, good thing for us that asked questions and made the moron realize he was wrong after all!

"Believe me, it is, by official measurement technique for CRT'se, a 27"
monitor, from corner to corner of plastic. There's just a lot of
plastic
there. Viewable, it is somewhere between 19 and 20".
Thanks."

well that settles it. His is really a 21" with 27" of plastic but its not a real 27" monitor :bang head

can anyone help me find a REAL 27" so I can upgrade this p1100 sony trinitron tube?

He got that info from me, but he never thanked me as he was to busy lecturing me assuming I was an idiot. ;)

I told him this:

I'm a moderator at a large hardware website, I'm a retired engineer as well. I also have a similiar NEC monitor and its a 21" with a viewable image of 19.8 inches. It has a large bezel, but that doesnt make it a 27"

The screen size of a monitor, like a TV, is measured diagonally in inches. With CRT monitors, two measurements are usually used. The first measurement designates the diagonal size in inches of the tube, and the second designates the actual area of the tube that displays images

I guess NEC is wrong and your right. Go look up that monitor at NEC or Google, and you will see its a 21", just because NEC's have a very large bezel does not make it a 27 inch monitor. Whoever buys it will be annoyed.

Heres NEC's page regarding this monitor (notice it says 21" with a 19.8" viewable image)

http://www.necdisplay.com/products/...ct=63&ClassificationFamily=1&Classification=1

Regards,
Silversinksam

I wasn't going to give him a lecture about running that monitor way out of spec as it wasnt designed to run 1600x1200 in any mhz, well it can, but it could also kill the monitor by doing so...

Scroll down to Post #15 in this thread for info on a ebay seller selling 24" crts for decent prices.

00_1_b.JPG

Nice monitor but its $450 and 16:10 which means many games wont look right or even run on that. I need a 4:3 ratio :)

Back