• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

powersave mode always on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the adam

My primary computer (the one in my sig) decided to crap out on me... Last night I turned off my comp went to sleep... then I tried to hook my desktop monitor up to my laptop... well the laptop didnt like the screen and it wouldnt work so im thinking no big deal. Then I hook my monitor back up to my comp and turn it on... my system posts I see the windows xp loading bar thing then all of a sudden my monitor goes into powersave mode. Well I move the mouse nothing happens :bang head Then I steal my dads monitor and try it... same thing happens :bang head ^3 Then I get out the DVI/analog converter plug the monitor cable into the adapter and put the adpater in the DVI slot on my video card still no go

I didn't change any settings on the desktop why did it crap out? Im going to be checking both monitors in a few minutes but I doubt they both went bad in 48 hours. One monitor was being used by my dad so i know it works and one worked on my friends comp 48 hours ago. Ill pull out my video card tommorrow to see if it went bad. I also have checked all the cables inside and out and they are all secure.

SOMEONE PLZ HELP

Same thing Happened to me too. Make sure your videocard didn't come loose and also make sure your CPU is in correctly cause mine would start but my monitor wouldn't "turn on".

-1cem4n

well the monitors are good... reseated the CPU... reset the cmos... and still no go. Im going to check the PSU rails and try to find another video card to use. Anything else I should try?

well another video card fixed the problem... I only hope my other video card isnt dead

wow I downgraded (was using beta drivers) my drivers and it works. YAY!!!!!!!! Well last time I use beta drivers

Back