• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This nut is selling a pc, with 3x 256MB ATI cards, on a 450watt psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21166&item=7515413112&rd=1

now i DID search for the "crazy things on ebay" thread and couldnt find it
i started reading this and just laughed. whoever gets this machine, is gonna be super PO'd when the PSU catches fire.

"you wont find a more powerful PC" "Its 3 computers in one!!!"

Ok, so whats tha tmake my mac? i have 3 monitors and 2 CPUs..uh oh i must have a super duper computer.

Trying to figure out how he gets 3 cards to work on that mobo. Maybe one PCI-e then 2 PCI cards?? Do they even make a 256MB PCI card?

I wonder why he doesn't tell you exactly which ATi cards the system comes with.... :rolleyes:

It prob comes with a X600 or X300 256MB, with 2 other 9250 PCI 256 MB cards. :rolleyes:
Well, at least this won't tax the ZOOM! PSU too much (hopefully).

He's a tool, I like the part about some of his feedback is private, what a con artist. Ebay should really crack down on losers like this.

what a tard - ebay has really gone down hill...trying to find anything in the laptop section apart from auctions for links to websites that want to scam you is virtually impossible....

Thanks to E-bay flea-markets and garage sales have gone the way of the dodo. Everybody sells their trash there now. You can't even trust people who are power-sellers with GREAT feedback because I remember a guy selling good feedback for 0.01 there. I'll likely not buy any stuff from ebay any longer unless it's hard to find parts for my ancient console video game systems.

If you're REALLY curious about the video cards I'm sure he'll answer if you e-mail him.

Its easy, look at his mobo. There are 3 PCI-E slots. Sure you cant get full video acceleration from the 1X slots, nor are they electrically active, however the x800PRO has an additional power jack so he can hook up 3.

I suspect this auction is a scam, possibly a phished Ebay account is being used.

This is highly suspicious, combined with the fact that only money orders, or cashiers checks are accepted, yet he writes this (This is written so when he lists the item the Paypal email address is not listed in the auction on the Ebay setup auction page):

Want to Pay by PAYPAL??

We don't accept PAYPAL, but if you contact us with an E-Mail

Address we will provide you with an Ebay Affiliate Link,

to buy these same SUPER PC models with PAYPAL!!

Combine the fact that he doesn't provide photos of the actual equipment, provides this comical picture of some moron in a lazy boy chair, with his 4 monitors, TV with rabbit ears... etc...

Crazy threads on Ebay is in the Cyber Deals section.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=204354

THANKS. for some reason the search didnt show it.

wow i havent even looked closer at this whole auction, def is a scam. if you search for "video editing" youll see this guy has about 2 or 3 more machines out there.

yea you can tell the lazy guy in the recliner is taken through a webcam, and WHY? WHY would you need 5 displays showing THE SAME THING. Whats the point of having all this TV-out without a TV Tuner card?

just like everything else in this world, slowly going downhill.

Sentential said:
Its easy, look at his mobo. There are 3 PCI-E slots. Sure you cant get full video acceleration from the 1X slots, nor are they electrically active, however the x800PRO has an additional power jack so he can hook up 3.

Does the molex really power the card when there's no power to the agp/pci-e slot?

Back