• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE windows icon, how to remove?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

Don't want it there, and I would guess no one else really wants it there either.

How is it possible to remove this:

I can tell you how to change the waving flag icon, but afa completely removing it...you'd probably have to use something like Resource Hacker like klingens suggested. Most folks that want to change it have had it branded by their ISP, and are only interested in restoring the waving flag (or the spinning globe that was present in earlier OS/IE versions.) If you're interested in changing it, the easiest way is to download and install the TweakUI Powertoy from MS here...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

After you install it, you can find the program under All Programs | Powertoys for Windows XP | Tweak UI. You can then access the flag settings by expanding Internet Explorer | Small Animation.

Best advice, use Firefox :D I know that is not a direct answer to your question, but, IMO it is a much better brower.

Back