• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Longhorn scrapped, starting over! Now includes RSOD!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wait, they are no longer going to produce longhorn? or have they just throw out some features/design ideas?

Idiots said:
UPDATE 2: It appears that Michael is an employee of Microsoft. He also informs us that the RSOD is not an "upgrade". Longhorn still has BSOD. RSOD is for really bad errors.
LMAO. ...really bad errors. Lol.

jack222 said:
LMAO. ...really bad errors. Lol.

Where do you put the definition? BSOD for software and RSOD for hardware errors?

I demand an OCSOD..black-and-yellow screen to report failure due to CPU overclocking.

Looks like the keywork 'long' is coming forth. I am quickly losing interest in the long-off-horn. When it does come out, it better wow me to no end.

Tired of waiting, and bored of XP.

hmm, I'm more keen on PSOD (pink screen of death) or maybe something in a nice mauve or lilac to go with the sick like colour our landlord painted my room.

Maybe it will crash less than XP (and earlier windows) so they decided that when it does you will get a better class of error.

ps2cho theyre just starting over, so its gonna take even longer to release. Hang on to those old .4074 betas you have, theyll probably be worth something eventually. Like when microsoft falls!

yea, RSOD should be for hardware errors, meaning you hafta blow even more money. Thats why i always hated the BSOD. 9/10 times for me it meant hardware, and not once was it CHEAP. ALWAYS atleast 100$.

I can't believe you guys believe these people. For one if this was going to happen it would be all over the business sources, for two look at the RSOD, as not they spell execution incorrectly. These are just two desperate guys looking for traffic on there website.

RSOD's are true and will be in longhorn and YES they are making longhorn. pre-preview beta 1 is already out. and was shown @ some show not too long ago.

does any1 know why it's called longhorn?

theres the g-rated version...

and then the other 'longhorn'...[not g-rated :burn: :burn: ]

dicecca112, how could you doubt a large error on M$'s part lol

there software may in certain cases be terrible, but gates is a savy business man, and he would have not gotten where he is without being one, and to scrap longhorn after pimping it for so long, would be a stupid business move

Hmm....looking at the MSDN Newsgroups, there are hints that Longhorn might even be subscription based...

Looking at this, plus the enhanced DRM and "security", I have a strong feeling that I'll be running Linux full-time within 2-3 years.

Aslan said:
Looking at this, plus the enhanced DRM and "security", I have a strong feeling that I'll be running Linux full-time within 2-3 years.

If they can fix the mainstream games to run on linux, i'm with ya.

Apple have massive problems on their hands with their slim desktops. Notably the G4 imac. Simply put, load temps are 90C. My professor's imac G4 died because of overheating. The craptacular PSU did it in.

I hope Apple can implement a Peltier/WC based solution instead of their billion rpm mini fans :rolleyes:

Back