• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X64 Virus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

I just got X64 up and working thanks to a certain individual on teh forums. And I was woundering what the virus threat was? On the one hand X64 can and will run 32bit apps, and there fore virus's. But will virus's know how to attac X64? And furthermore will 32bit antivirus programs be able to detect virus's on X64?

And granted it can be assumed that there won't be any cirus's deigned to attack X64 until it becomes more mainstreme.

As far as i know

The x64 bugs are bigger and stronger than the x32.
I have heard the x64 will take total control with or without you look at pron ,download movies and music, and then drain all the color out of you're video card on to the floor.

I hate it when all the color drains out on to the floor,and it is a real pain to get them back in right the right way.That assuming you can get all the color pixels out of the carpet.Dang it sticks like chewing gum.

Just something to look out for.

MassRaptor

The x64 bugs are bigger and stronger than the x32.
I have heard the x64 will take total control with or without you look at pron ,download movies and music, and then drain all the color out of you're video card on to the floor.

You got proof of this? the code isn't that dissimaliar so I doubt they are gonna be worse.

Back