• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD/Video render over network

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kukyfrope

Hi Guys,

I am wanting to put my server computer (and possibly my roommates' computers hehe) to work while rendering video on my main rig and want to share some of the workload to help speed things up. Are there current softwares that do any/all of the following:

1. Encode uncompressed AVI footage --> MPEG2
2. Transcode DVD9 content to DVDR/DVD5 space

I currently have an option of using Vegas Video or Adobe Premiere Pro if it makes any difference for option 1.

Thanks!

Well so far I have found this FrameServing plugin for Vegas that says it allows for network encoding if you have a farm of machines, but do I really have a farm if they're all just machines on my network? :p I'll try this plugin out to satisfy AVI encoding. Know of any apps for doing this with DVD's?

Last edited:
Hi, Vegas probably has the best built-in network renderer of the two that you mentioned . If your computers are networked together it is the same as having a farm you just dont have the software to manage the farm from one computer. What format is your DVD9 content in? Is it an ISO or Mpeg-2 or .Vob?

OH man you're right--Vegas has it built in! I didn't even realize it :D
The DVD9 content will be in .IFO/.VOB or an ISO, DVDDecrypter does both.

EDIT: I am basically wanting to render uncompressed AVI --> MPEG2 (using CCE) because I make DVDs of my video camera content. I think the link I gave above for the Frame Server is going to be my best bet.

Last edited:
Back