• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AS8 USB driver install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quint

Registered
I was reinstalling XP Home, then Abit drivers. While installing the Intel i865 chipset drivers, a message came up "Need File usbehci.sys'. Later I went to Device manager, and "USB Controller" was flagged. As far as I can tell, I am able to use the USB ports, however, when I plug in my jump drive, a message tells me the USB port is not high speed and my drive will not operate as fast. However, the drive seems to operate OK. What do I need to do? Where to get the file needed, and how to proceed from there?

All service packs are updated. I went to device manager to try to update the driver, but none could be found.

Thanks.

Sometimes the USB 2.0 driver (the high speed part of USB) don't install the first time around. It should install when you update XP with service packs. Not sure why it didn't. Try uninstalling the device that is flagged and reboot. If that don't work, then run through all the XP updates on the Microsoft website.

Back