• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3 667 Xeon Mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ssetre

I am looking for some suggestions for a good motherboard that can handle two slot xeon's.

So far I am looking at 440BX mobo's on ebay but they only have 100fsb. So I am not sure if they have multiplier controls so that I can get it from 500 - 700 using 100fsb. Since the chips are 5 x 133fsb.

As far as I know, the case with Xeons is that the multiplier can be decreased but cannot be increased. So they would not be able to run a 7x multiplier unfortunately.

The reason they are downwards unlocked is so if you have say, a 667MHz Xeon and a 600MHz Xeon. The 667 can downclock to 600 so they can run together.

Ahhh so I'd be stuck running them at 5x 500 unless I can find a i840 board for a good price. Since its a RIMM only chipset I'd be better off steering clear of these. Cpu's are cheap but the rest of the system is so pricey.

Back