• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

files being arranged automatically

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ndnsoulja

Registered
hello, every time i get a song and if the artist name is a lil' different then all the other songs my computer will automatically make another folder and put that as a different artist.i think this was caused by itunes that i installed a while back but then i uninstalled because it did that but it seems like that feature "to rearrange files by artist" is still on. does anyone else have this problem...any help would be highly appreciatated. thanks

when you installed itunes you checked the box that told itunes to manage your music for you. i don't know how you would go about turning it off, if nobody here knows then you could try emailing apple, they should be able to help you

Would it work to reinstall itunes but uncheck the box? With the management thing disabled, you could uninstall it again if you don't like it.

Back