• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I Build New Or Add To Old

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torres da bull

:bang head i have a pretty decent computer, but lately i've been craving to build a compeletly new one. i recently completed my first build, a p4 2.4 gig, Dfi lan party pro875b mobo, 2 WD rapture's 36.4 gig, 512 Mb ram crosiars xtms, radeon 9600xt, creative sound blaster auidgy 2 zs, and a dvd drive. i recently took out my cd burner so i could push myself to upgrade to a dvd-burner. so my question is this: should i shell out the cash for better ram over clock my cpu and fix up my case a bit (maybe add watercooling and some other neat stuff) or should i try to sell it on ebay, keeping some stuff like the WD's and the sound card, and move to an AMD 64 system? what i'm worried about if i do decided to sell, would it? any feed back would be highly apeciated.

Warren G said:
ermmm, wrong forum??

my thoughts exactly.

To answer the original question, have you tried to overclock what you have? No reason to buy something else if you haven't tried to work with what you have right now! ;)

i concur, what you have now sounds good enough that most people in the other sections would likely say 'wait for socket M2 dual core A64'.

Back